Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some opinions

jaymitch

Hey guys, I just wanted to get some opinions from some more experienced 1911 guys. I am looking at buying my first 1911 and I am considering a Para GI expert and the STI spartan. Any information on what may be a better choice would be great.

Hey guys, I just wanted to get some opinions from some more experienced 1911 guys. I am looking at buying my first 1911 and I am considering a Para GI expert and the STI spartan. Any information on what may be a better choice would be great.

Welcome to the forum,

STI all the way.

The Spartan has better sights and fitting. STI also has better customer service should you need it.

Owning several of each brand, STI would be my first choice. They are very generous sponsors of USPSA matches and they also have a shooter contingency program ... just in case you get good :rolleyes:

I thought about a Para, then I pulled the trigger on one, that was the end of the love affair. My smith says Para's are OK just bring it to him get all the internals replaced and put a new barrel in it. Tarus is very similar.

Springfield makes a good gun, Kimber, makes a good gun, STI makes good guns.

If you can afford it in an STI I like the Trojan its a litle more money but a lot more gun. If all it will do is sit in safe then it just doesn't matter anything will do.

Hello: Get the STI Spartan. I have one with over 5000 rounds through it and no problems. The slide to frame fit is better than some of the Trojans I've seen. The only change I made was a thinner front sight, grips, longer mag release, 17lb mainspring, 14lb recoil spring, tweaked the sear spring and a S&A magwell. It has a 2 1/2lb trigger pull now and shoots great. Damn, it makes me want to shoot it today :cheers: It is one of the best buys out there. Thanks, Eric