Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm with PRP trigger kit, Production legal?

d_striker

IPSC Production No, SC and USPSA Production Yes.

Rich

thanks. What exactly make it illegal? Is it the overtravel stop? The trigger and sear spring or the safety lever? From reading the rules it makes it sound like anything that is not visible externally may be replaced with non oem parts.

Do you understand ISPC is international and USPSA is USA?

IPSC is factory parts ONLY and 5+ lbs.

While I understand the two are separate, I am fairly new to practical shooting. I have shot Steel Challenge for a couple years but am still a little confused as to what governing body dictates the rules ever since USPSA bought it out.

I've been reading the USPSA 2009 Production Rules Revisions and came across this:

"Strikers, sears, springs, connectors/disconnectors, and any other part which is NOT visible when the gun is in battery is considered an INTERNAL part and may be modified or replaced unless otherwise prohibited in these provisions (see section

22 for specific prohibitions)."

According to this, the PRP kit which replaces the trigger spring, sear spring, safety lever, and overtravel stop are within the rules. Am I reading this right?

You might have asked the wrong question as you are quoting the USPSA rule book and not the IPSC rule book. IPSC rules

Yeah...Like I said, I'm new to practical shooting. I shot my first match the other day and they called it an IPSC match. So I'm guessing that it follows IPSC rules?

I'm a little confused as to what the difference between USPSA and IPSC even are other than one stands for United States and the other stands for International...

On a side note, it looks like my mods are okay for Steel Challenge?

ETA-now that I think about it...This match that I attended had a 10 round max per magazine for their Production. I'm guessing that it's really a USPSA match.

Edited by d_striker

uhh what i dont get is..why do americans need to make thier own branch of ipsc and change the rules for it and stuff? why dont we just do it like THE REST OF THE WORLD.

kind of like why dont we just use the metric system like the REST OF THE WORLD. The imperical system was simply made up so we could be different. its pointless.

American's do what they want to do in everything and the rest of the world be damned. Is it right sometimes, is it wrong sometimes we're are just a bunch of upstarts that ran away from the rest of the world to do what we want, when we want it and that is what makes it America.

Rich

I believe part of the reason USPSA has different rules than IPSC is that our gun regulations are different/less strict and therefore we have rules which reflect these differences. If we followed IPSC rules a lot of the equipment which is legal under USPSA would not be under IPSC. I feel very lucky to be able to shoot under USPSA rules!

Richard