Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hand Brakes

outerlimits

Many years ago my parents lived in a house with a steep drive. My dad's 2 week old car rolled down the hill and down the drive way of the people across the street. The car continued down their drive and caved in their garage door and the front of their car.

The funny thing was .....my dad was hanging onto the driver's side car door handle the entire way.... first trying to get in and stop the car.....then digging in his feet in a hopeless effort to stop it.

I had a front row seat in the living room for the entire event. :lol:

Many years ago my parents lived in a house with a steep drive. My dad's 2 week old car rolled down the hill and down the drive way of the people across the street. The car continued down their drive and caved in their garage door and the front of their car.

The funny thing was .....my dad was hanging onto the driver's side car door handle the entire way.... first trying to get in and stop the car.....then digging in his feet in a hopeless effort to stop it.

I had a front row seat in the living room for the entire event. :lol:

that's going to be expensive :surprise:

That happened to a soldier in my unit with a 2.5 ton truck in Darmstadt Germany in 1975. He had left it in gear but didn't fully set the break. The truck started rolling slowly till the engine caught then it plowed right into the post office and kept on going till it died. Fortunately it was on a Sunday and the post office was closed so no one was hurt. Bet that guy is still paying for all the damage.

I had a suburban take me out on a steep ice covered driveway. I parked the truck got out opened the dr side rear door to get items out when it felt like the door started to close well it closed allright, with me in the door jamb and hanging on for a great ride. into the neighbors driveway. I was lucky that nothing was damaged only bruised and scraped, but what a ride.