Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 or 35

npolley

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going / went the Police Trade in 22 route. I got one for $280 on a "customer appreciation sale". With the guide rod, spring, magwell, 6 mags w/ extensions, grip tape and a little polishing on the internals, I have an excellent Limited / Limited 10 rig for around $500. (I already had the holster / belt / mag pouches from my production rig).

I shot it at a special classifier match a few weeks ago and classified in Limited 10 very close to my current Production Classification (it was my first time out with the gun)

When I'm eligible for my next certificate from GSSF, I'll get a 35. I currently have a 34 I shoot in Productiuon, with a 17 as my backup. I like the idea of having a backup / donor gun for emergency repairs at a match.

I've also said elsewhere that I'm not convinced that my G35 is a better gun for me than a G22 would have been and, were I to do it over again, I would choose the G22.

I agree with this. I like how the G22 cycles and balances better than the G35. I made M with the G22 in LTD, but that was a few years back :ph34r: The longer sight radius means nothing to me. YMMV. The only plus is that the G35 is easier to make major.