Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production Division Aftermarket grips

KennyW

I know this is a little off topic, but just want to be clear. The factory wrap around panels with finger grooves are not legal, but Houge slip on grip sleeves are legal?

I shoot a G34 with a slip on houge that has the finger grooves.

Thanks

If yours is a 3rd generation Glock with factory finger grooves on the frame, a slip-on with finger grooves is OK because it doesn't alter the factory profile. Putting one on a 1st- or 2nd-generation frame that doesn't have factory fingers grooves is a no-no.

See section 22, Specifically Prohibited Modifications, item 22.4:

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2009_Production...s_Revisions.pdf

Okay, mine is a Gen 3. I posted this question after I read the front sight article because it made it sound like the item in question was houge slip on grip sleeves instead of the panels with the finger grooves attached to them.

Thank You for the clarification.

• 1 year later...

:( So much for those of us with big hands... These are the only grips I've felt that come close to fitting my hands.

These Hogue grips were a factory issued grip on "CZ 75 Champion", so as such, I believe they are a factory option as are Cocobolo, plastic, rubber, aluminium etc.

Personally, they feel great, but look like crap.

Cheers, Ando.

Yes but the Champion is a comped single action gun. It has to be a factory option on a production legal gun.

You do know that you don't have to be bumped to open from production... Just register as shooting L-10 Minor and you can have the grips sleeves, and even put grip tape on the slide if you like.