Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Limited with Cast Coated Black Bullets.

NoSteel

Would love to save some money and try Black Bullets International Cast coated 180gr bullets in my Limited. Anyone here tried these and what kind luck have you had? I've heard good and bad with the use of these in guns with Polygonal rifling. I typically clean with every range session anyways so I'm more worried about build up and accuracy issues. Thanks.

Edited by NoSteel

The Bear Creeks are cheaper and I can tell you that I can't tell the difference when I weigh them or hold them up to the light. Same bullet in my book for all intents and purposes.

Just saying of you want to save even more money. But the BBIs are good too, I just haven't sho them out of the gun your talking about.(CZ TS is what I run them through.)

JZ

NoSteel,

I have never tried BBIs, but I have about 8k cast lead through my Limited and it works just fine. Accuracy is good enough for a plate rack at 35 yards or a large "A" zone at 45-50. I have not tried a more challenging shot than that. For the barrel I only clean with a boresnake, and wipe the feed ramp with an old shirt or the like. As long as the brass is straight, it will make it at least 1k rounds between cleanings.

PS.. I replied to your thread for factory grips, if you are still looking I can hook you up with a set.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...