Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What (USPSA) holster's' are available for the SP01/Shadow

1SOW

(I hope this is the right place to post this)

What holsters for the 9mm SPO1/Shadow, other than Blade Tech, are legal and suited for USPSA Production division?

I've tried some searches but no joy. I'd appreciate hearing any recommendations you have.

Thanks

Edited by 1SOW

(I hope this is the right place to post this)

What holsters for the 9mm SPO1/Shadow, other than Blade Tech, are legal and suited for USPSA Production class?

I've tried some searches but no joy. I'd appreciate hearing any recommendations you have.

Thanks

Production is a division, not a class ;)

I don't see much reason to look farther than the BT DOH, but there are some other choices (like Safariland and maybe Comp-Tac) that will work nicely.

Search in the Gear section and you'll find some. One thread I found:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=270062

G-Man: Thanks for keeping me honest. PS, Graduated Trenton High in '64 :cheers:

I believe that thread is for the CZ75 but not the SPO1. For "Holster CZ SPO1", this is the only thread that showed up.

Comp-Tac. I had forgotten them, but none for the SPO1

The Safariland site didn't show any to fit other than two condition 3 duty holsters-high ride

This question is about finding a holster for my son's birthday this month. He just got a CZ Custom Shadow , and starts shooting Production division this weekend--maybe with an old 'Uncle Mike's nylon that sorta fits.

He liked his Blackhawk with the XD Service in limited 10, but doesn't like the Blade Tech DOH. He may have to live with the BT.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by 1SOW

G-Man: Thanks for keeping me honest. PS, Graduated Trenton High in '64 :cheers:

I believe that thread is for the CZ75 but not the SPO1. For "Holster CZ SPO1", this is the only thread that showed up.

Comp-Tac. I had forgotten them, but none for the SPO1

The Safariland site didn't show any to fit other than two condition 3 duty holsters-high ride

This question is about finding a holster for my son's birthday this month. He just got a CZ Custom Shadow , and starts shooting Production division this weekend--maybe with an old 'Uncle Mike's nylon that sorta fits.

He liked his Blackhawk with the XD Service in limited 10, but doesn't like the Blade Tech DOH. He may have to live with the BT.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Doh...yeah, I forgot the dust cover difference on the SP01. Comp-Tac shows a model for the P01....maybe send them a note and see if they make one for the SP-01? It should really only be a different shape in the dust cover area since the trigger guard/etc are the same.

The Safariland 568 should work according to their website. I have one and can see how it would probably work...it adjusts quite a bit.

Funny thing is that the DOH really is pretty much the best Production holster going....the new Comp-Tac DOH should be it's equal, but that's about it. He could always take the DOH hanger off the holster and run it higher if that's what he doesn't like....just go with a Stingray loop attachment. R,

Comp-Tac makes one for an SP-01. I have their "locking paddle" model and love it.

I tried Comp-Tac and could only find "Locking Paddle" holsters for the CZ75B/85. None for SPO1-Shadow .

I even tried Fobus---(I know, I know)--- and the only one they have to fit the Shadow is the clunky original non-adjustable retention-cheapie paddle holster. They have a new 'Evolution' series that lists some improvements, but it's notavailable for the SPO1 Shadow.

I think Bart is right, there is basically only one or two choices.

Thanks to everyone who gave input for an old question.

Edited by 1SOW

Comp-Tac makes one for an SP-01. I have their "locking paddle" model and love it.

Is it brand-new or custom?

Comp Tac's website doesnt show a fit for the SP01.

I asked them about a year ago if they were going to build one for the Shadow.

They said they would start working on one "soon". I asked them again a few weeks ago.

They said they would start thinking about it "soon".

I have a lot of Comp Tac stuff, I wish they had had a SP01 holster for me to buy.

I'm anxious to see their DOH alternative.

Ready Tactical said they could custom build one if I sent them my gun.

I have RT mags holders, and really like them. I'd love to try one their holsters if they ever do one for the SP01.

Kytac built me one, its not DOH and I'm still getting used to that, but its very nice.

(Hey, 1SOW, I also posted this info in your CZ forum thread, in case you're thinking "wow, deja vu";-)

Edited by The Antichrome

Antichrome: and my reply is over there! thanks

New Shadow & the CZ Custom Shop put in the comp hammer and did trigger work. It's really a nice gun.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. He's given up and will get the BT DOH.

• 2 weeks later...