Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange, But Tasty, Combo...

Last week, a large group from work went out for sushi. Well, after rounds of Kirin, Sapporo and Asahi(sp?) (the big ones, not singles), and back to Kirin someone ordered a round of what ended up being mango flavored sherbet.

So, there we are, half-cocked :wacko: eating the sherbet with our chopsticks (yes, it works) and then I eye the red-chili sauce (pretty hot stuff, btw) that went with our meal. Well, dollup of mango sherbet takes a bath in the red-chili sauce.

As odd as it was, it was pretty tasty. Next thing I know, I've got half the table doing it. Yes, I'd do it again sober. :D

Strange, but tasty!

Only Mrs. Big Dave can tell us for sure where the moniker came from.

I can attest to The BD's complete capability of eating such a combo(not necesarily this particular one) totally sober and being rather excited about it while at the same time explaining to you exactly why he feels the two make such an exquisite yet exotic pallate with enough science thrown in to make it believeable.

He did say that in short order he had half the table eating it. I have no doubt.

Picture if you will a much more handsome and signifigantly taller Ernest Hemmingway.

Edited to add: Oh chees! I just saw the spelling error. That's funny Lynn. Half -WHAT? Well I guess it might seemevery one else is half that way if you are *Ta-da!* (use deep basso stadium announcer voice here) Bi-iig Daaaa-aaaave.