Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need to return my AR-15 Upper to the factory for some repair work. Can I take it to either a UPS store or Kinko's for boxing it up and ship it from there or do I have to box it up myself and take to the UPS Hub or FedEx Hub? If I have to box it up where is the best place to find a box to fit? Thanks

And my answer will be "machined parts."

Been using that description for years with UPS, Fedex, and USPS. Never a raised eyebrow or question.

Tried that with FedEx Kinko's when I wanted to ship upper half of my Para Ltd (POS) P-16. I was told anything over $200 in Insurance requires that they open and look at the item? Insured for $200 and went on down the road. Sent through postal service was "less" questions. Some of the previous posts are right....it is not a gun....but if they open it....the idiots that work there don't know it. Also, I was told when I sent back the entire gun to the factory to Remington that a driver from UPS would actually have to come by and pick the package up. That is I could not leave it a shipping office...i.e. Mail & More....probably their policy. BTW, when it comes back, the driver will not just "leave it" if they can not be assured that someone over the appropriate age is there to sign fot it. Just my experience.....their internal rules, policies and procedures probably very greatly?

Actually, no. You can't leave it at a "Stop & Drop" place, because it isn't a UPS or FedEx location. They are independent operators.

As far as the law is concerned, leaving a firearm at one of the storefronts is the same as handing it your neighbor or a complete stranger and saying "when you drive by UPS/FedEx, wold you hand this to them?"

You have to shove it across the counter to an actual UPS/FedEx employee, for it to be a legal shipment.

As for the return, it is what the sender says it should be. If they want a signature, you sign. If not, the driver leaves it.