Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What model of LaRue Tactical?

STIGUY

I have a Millet DMS that I need to remount to my AR. Up until this point, I was using Talley 30MM medium rings. The rings were not high enough and I kind of what to move the scope forward also. LaRue Tactical makes several models of their SPR mount, but I did wanted to go through the whole mess of ordering and "trying it out" returning etc. There is one in particular that mounts the scope 1.93"....seems maybe too much. Part of the problem is that when I wear my Prp Ears, the stock hits these and make it hard to aim. This 16" gun with comp is VERY loud. THANKS!

I use the SPR with the 1.5" height with an IOR 1.1-4 and Meopta 1-4. Some people like the extended model which gives them more flexiblity to move the scope forward but I find the SPR to work for me and I like to keep my nose close to the charging handle and I still have room to move it forward if I wanted to. I never tried the 1.93" height and the 1.5" works for me because I like to get my cheek into it while others like their head straight up. That comes down to personal preference but the taller one should help with the ear muffs. I hate ear plugs but I use them to solve that problem.

Edited by ERIC