Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Division Win

L-10_shooter

It might only be a club match, but I managed to out shoot a master, an A and several B shooters to take Limited today. I also shot a very solid B classifier 70ish% (I am currently a C Limited) I will have a match video up in the next couple days.

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Points Stg %

1 Hase, Jan A63731 C Limited Major N N N N 607.0718 100.00%

2 Hall, Steve TY29540 M Limited Major N N N N Senior 605.0229 99.66%

3 Hescock, Shaun A47826 A Limited Major N N N N 561.5287 92.50%

4 Carpenter, Dan TY58134 B Limited Major N N N N 514.7740 84.80%

5 Johnson, Bill A61701 B Limited Major N N N N 498.4258 82.10%

6 Fitzmorris, Chris TY51199 B Limited Major N N N N 458.5472 75.53%

7 Ricks, Tom TY51600 B Limited Major N N N N Senior 411.3847 67.77%

8 Pack, Jim A8588 A Limited Minor N N N N Super Senior 371.7393 61.23%

9 Wade, Levi A66269 U Limited Minor N N N N 360.8484 59.44%

10 Shippey, Steve A49732 C Limited Major N N N N 290.2815 47.82%

11 Burnett, Jerry TY18486 B Limited Major N N N N Senior 282.0324 46.46%

12 Vorpahl, Wesley Pen U Limited Major N N N N Senior 219.7741 36.20%

13 Hash, Dale A47276 D Limited Major N N N N Super Senior 203.1078 33.46%

14 Young, Bill A30352 D Limited Major N N N N 163.5504 26.94%

15 Walker, John U Limited Major N N N N 161.8577 26.66%

I still cannot believe how far I have come in my shooting in the last year.

This season I have been shooting three club matches a month, I shot Area 1, and was doing alot of dry fire before area 1. The biggest thing that I have come to realize lately is the mental side to shooting. I have pushed myself to shoot faster and watch the front sight to ssee what it is doing. I have also found a load that I like alot that I will stick with from here on out. Seems the more time I spend around shooters the more I like this sport.

Congrats!!! That is awesome!

I remember with a fairly fond memory winning my first match. It wasn't near the size or scope of Albany, a dinky town with a small group of shooters.

The most profound "revelation" I had was that up until that moment I would have believed that I prayed to God "please, just let me win one and I'll be happy for life." After that first win though it was like a heroin needle got stuck in me. That single win caused me to want only one thing the rest of my shooting days, to win always. It's an amazing story of give an inch and take a mile. I got my inch, and selfishly I immediately wanted my mile.

It was an amazing transition for me personally. As I reflect on "moments" that shaped me, that single moment had a fairly significant impact on my life. It lit the fuse to a remarkably competitive attitude that still exists today, though I'll confess to trying to dull the edge a bit. Winning was everything to me back then, today it is just a very important thing to me. Hey, progress is progress!

The short story is simply to say cherish this. A "W" is a "W" and should be cherished for all that it is. Celebrate it before looking towards the next one. I always sucked at smelling those roses.

Very cool, great match, and congrats!!!

Jack

Hey thanks guys

Congrats!!! That is awesome!

I remember with a fairly fond memory winning my first match. It wasn't near the size or scope of Albany, a dinky town with a small group of shooters.

The most profound "revelation" I had was that up until that moment I would have believed that I prayed to God "please, just let me win one and I'll be happy for life." After that first win though it was like a heroin needle got stuck in me. That single win caused me to want only one thing the rest of my shooting days, to win always. It's an amazing story of give an inch and take a mile. I got my inch, and selfishly I immediately wanted my mile.

It was an amazing transition for me personally. As I reflect on "moments" that shaped me, that single moment had a fairly significant impact on my life. It lit the fuse to a remarkably competitive attitude that still exists today, though I'll confess to trying to dull the edge a bit. Winning was everything to me back then, today it is just a very important thing to me. Hey, progress is progress!

The short story is simply to say cherish this. A "W" is a "W" and should be cherished for all that it is. Celebrate it before looking towards the next one. I always sucked at smelling those roses.

Very cool, great match, and congrats!!!

Jack

I would have to agree Jack. When I started shooting last summer, I kept getting blue ribbons for unclassified production. I wanted to keep getting blue so I started dryfiring and so on. My big turning point that pushes me to do better (go faster) was wining L_10 C class at Area 1 this year. My first major match and i went home with a plaque, can't wait till next year! Thanks for the story!

jan

Edited by L-10_shooter

Nice video. I gotta get back out there.

Mike designs some great stages that challange everyone. Might see you at tri county or dundee this month?

Might try to make TC. Depends on how the latest chemo treatment goes with the wife... The last one was a bit hairy.

Nice video. I gotta get back out there.

Mike designs some great stages that challange everyone. Might see you at tri county or dundee this month?

Might try to make TC. Depends on how the latest chemo treatment goes with the wife... The last one was a bit hairy.

Sorry to hear that your wife is sick. Hope to see you shooting to unwind a bit. I will have my enos shirt on, come say hey so I can put a face to a enos screen name.