Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi Bucky,

Glock currently claims b/t 70-80% of the LE contracts in the US. Sig would probably be 2nd, then Beretta. After that.........? If Springfield could come up with a way to keep dust, lent, lettuce, etc. out of that grip safety, I think the XD40 would be an ideal duty gun.

I'd be happy with an STI Tactical, but somehow I think that would get noticed in my holster.

Phil

Phil,

Doesn't seem that long ago that S&W were claiming 90% of the police market, between their autos and revolvers.

After seeing what you did with that glock at the Winter Champs, I don't see it holding you back. Heck, if all you had was a cap and ball revolver, the bad guy'd still be out gunned! :rolleyes:

Besides keeping the dirt out of the grip safety, I think the XD needs something a little less than that 30 pound recoil spring. :blink:

Steve Anderson wrote: "Beretta is using a new 3rd gen. locking block that should make this issue go away. I broke one in 9mm after about 26,000 rds or so. How many cops will ever shoot much?"

Yep - that sounds reasonable. Problems were, as I understand it, with locking blocks on .40 cal training guns & on those guns that were issued to tactical teams (who shoot more than average Troopers). In the Beretta's defense, these guns were 1st adopted by Maryland State Police in the early 90s at about the same time as: 1) the .40 was first developed and 2) Berreta set up shop in MD to produce the then-new .40s. As the locking block problems did occur in MD & Beretta's plant is in MD, it is quite plausible that different "generations" of locking blocks were quickly introduced based on police experience. As store rental guns, I have seen these guns break; its often the locking block that goes, but again, these were NOT brand new guns and had been fired more than the average gun. Lesson to me would be: buy a new .40, not a used one.

Phil wrote: "If Springfield could come up with a way to keep dust, lent, lettuce, etc. out of that grip safety, I think the XD40 would be an ideal duty gun."

You meant to say "lint" not "lent" & forgot to mention donut crumbs. Big C.