Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Novak sight replacement

ogiebb

ive tried searching the forums and found Heinie and STI make a rear sight for a novak cut...i need a rear sight that fits the novak cut have a Flat profile like a Bomar and still be fine with an SV fiber optic front sight (dont know the height, are they all the same?)...

if this has been asked already pls help me find that thread

Thanks

Edited by ogiebb

I'm not sure what you mean by a "flat" profile. But the MMC low profile adjustable rear sights also fit in the Novak dovetail cut.

Hi Duane,

ill take a look at the MMC Sight...i want something like the heinie 1911 classic rear sight without the machining

http://www.heinie.com/1911sights.php

Thanks

Edited by ogiebb

anybody have a SV fiber front and Heinie combo?....just curious which height heinie rear they bought

I tried that combination and it didn't work for me. I had to get a Dawson front, .135" tall. However, the SVI front did work with the STI TAS.

anybody have a SV fiber front and Heinie combo?....just curious which height heinie rear they bought

I tried that combination and it didn't work for me. I had to get a Dawson front, .135" tall. However, the SVI front did work with the STI TAS.

Nemo,

why did it not work for you? was the front sight too tall...135" seems very low...thanks

• 1 month later...

Nemo,

why did it not work for you? was the front sight too tall...135" seems very low...thanks

Auggie, sorry it took me a month to see your questions here. Yes, when I switched to the Heinie rear the SVI was too tall. The Dawson .135 is so low that with the sights aligned I can actually see some slide through the rear sight notch, but it hits where I want it to. Go figure... :wacko:

Take a look at 10-8 Perfromance sights. They make a Novak-cut R/S with different size notch openings (.125 -.156). They require a front sight that's about .180 tall. Dawson can help you with that.

Edited by Boyd

• 2 weeks later...
Take a look at 10-8 Perfromance sights. They make a Novak-cut R/S with different size notch openings (.125 -.156). They require a front sight that's about .180 tall. Dawson can help you with that.

So the 10-8's are taller than the Heinie? Nice. That's be worth a look.