Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proud Dad, kid's first High Overall Junior win

shooterready

My boy, John, shot his first big IDPA state match. He won the high overall junior trophy. :D He shot SSP NV with a Glock 19. His time was 434.39 (99 dwn).

Special thanks to all his squad mates: Greg Panzl (SSP MA - 3rd), Bob Vogel (SSP MA - DC), Chad Marthey (SSP MA - 2nd), Nick Bies (SSP MA - 7th), David Lee (ESP MA - 1st), Mike Barrera (SSP EX - 18th), and Elliott Peterson (SSP MA - 1st)

This was his first match shooting without Dad. I was scoring the match all weekend.

Thanks again guys! :cheers:

The Super Squad

post-5109-1251763954_thumb.jpg

Getting his trophy from Tom Tiethoff, MD

post-5109-1251763977_thumb.jpg

jasmap,

Start him early. My son starting coming to the range at 4. He picked brass for a year and a half. At 5 1/2 he was shooting a .22lr. He already knew the commands and all the safety aspects of shooting just from watching. Kids are sponges. He'll be kicking my butt in a couple more years.

Shooting with my kids brings a whole new joy to shooting. I hope you can enjoy yours soon.

Thanks.

jasmap,

Start him early. My son starting coming to the range at 4. He picked brass for a year and a half. At 5 1/2 he was shooting a .22lr. He already knew the commands and all the safety aspects of shooting just from watching. Kids are sponges. He'll be kicking my butt in a couple more years.

Shooting with my kids brings a whole new joy to shooting. I hope you can enjoy yours soon.

Thanks.

Good advice and I sure will do that. My Dad started me early so I totally get what you are saying. Thank you.

You should be proud Dick, John was amazing. His gun handling skills are better than most adults, I would take him on my squad any day.

+1 to that! He was by far the most mature member of our squad...except for Bob, of course. :lol: I figure that we've got only a few years before he is kicking all of our asses, that means you too, Dick.

Congratulations John! :cheers:

John, regarding the girl thing...never mind...maybe I'll tell you next year. It's pretty scary. :o

Greg, it was good seeing you back in MI. Hope TN is treating you OK these days.

It was good to be back and see all the Michigan shooters again, the quality of big matches in Michigan is always good. TN is treating me well these days, I just moved from sub-contractor to employee status with my employer. That has been a good thing so far with better benefits and pay.