Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making Power Factor

No, I didn't go sub-minor. I've found that its a pretty good idea to calculate over the chrono by using a grain lighter bullet, or weigh your bullets. I've seen alot of people start sweating bullets (so to speak) when their bullet weighs light.

So for minor, considering that you are going home if you miss it, what is a good safety margin. I got chronoed for the first time at Sectionals and I was making 129.9 with a bullet that was just a shade light. I did the math so to speak and figured that gives me about a 50fps safety net with the lightest bullet I've weighed so far.

I guess that 1 grain lighter would be a nice way to do it too.

A lot of Minor pf shooters seem pretty happy around 135-140 pf. Not because of the cushion at the chrono, but because of the way the gun feels as it cycles.

If you ahve a pretty consistent load, then 5-8pf over the floor would be as low as I would go.

A lot of Minor pf shooters seem pretty happy around 135-140 pf. Not because of the cushion at the chrono, but because of the way the gun feels as it cycles.

If you ahve a pretty consistent load, then 5-8pf over the floor would be as low as I would go.

Currently running 143 for no other reason than the G34 seems to like it a whole lot better. After doing the Buckeye Blast with 130 pf, found that it gave me little margin on low steel shots so I bumped up.

Perception is reality, so if I think it helps me do better, it does. If I don't, it doesn't.