Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RF100 Rheostat upgrade: works with 220 Volts model?

Hi guys,

I bought an 220V RF100 last October (yes, I know I should have waited 2 months and get the new one :wacko: )

The blue timer button stopped functioning last month, ie I can still turn it on with the wire-mounted switch, but have to shut it down with the same switch.

So before calling my Dillon distributor (the unit should still be under garantee), I'd like to know if the new rheostat upgrade kit will work with the international 220 Volts model.

Thanks.

No, they do not interchange. We are awaiting the arrival of new circuit boards so we can make some for the 220V versions. Hope to have them available in 30 days or less. Send me an e-mail at garyk@dillonprecision.com , and when they are ready I will send you the part number. :cheers:

Hi guys,

I bought an 220V RF100 last October (yes, I know I should have waited 2 months and get the new one :wacko: )

The blue timer button stopped functioning last month, ie I can still turn it on with the wire-mounted switch, but have to shut it down with the same switch.

So before calling my Dillon distributor (the unit should still be under garantee), I'd like to know if the new rheostat upgrade kit will work with the international 220 Volts model.

Thanks.

Dear Jerome,

I have exactly the same problem! I ordered the rheostat upgrade kit, not considering that it might be for 110V only. I changed back to the initial circuit board because the speed setting of the new board was sort of sluggish and the overall performance (i.e. how fast was the tube filled) degraded with the new board.

I now use the old (broken) board together with a timer switch for the wall outlet (https://msi.payback.de/payback-xml/images/offers/DE/710/000/391/242/D_000391242192_DE_710.jpg). This can be set to run a pre-set time. I set this time to, say, 2 mins and therefore circumvent the (broken) timer function of the primer filler.

However, mine is only two month old...