Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MTB Farms

MTBfarms

I Have been watching others post on their diary and thought that its a good idea. Well after sever years of not really going anywhere with my shooting I received an amazing opportunity. I picked up a sponsorship from Freedom Gunworks. I am going to take this seriously. I just got back from vacation. (a very good one) Everyday I spent no less than 2 hours every day dry firing. So the process is started.

I'll post my progress and screw ups. please feel free to critique anything and everything

Edited by MTBfarms

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like some positive things are coming from this already.

Mike, I am going to send you a deck of Dave Re's practice cards. They are an absolutely incredible training tool and a MUST HAVE.

Be looking for them to show up in the next couple of days. Welcome to the Team!!!

Welcome back Mike,glad you had a good vacation. Congrats on the sponsor. Let me know if you are going to shoot any practice sessions,I will join you,I'm trying to get serios to. I just made a B classification and I see the need for lots of improvement in my shooting also. Are you going to MRPC this weekend?

Edited by KING 45ACP

They went out this morning Michael. Don't let Chris and Micah steal them while you're not looking! :P

Thank you Bobby. Ill write "deer huntin stuff" on the box. They will never find it.

Edited by MTBfarms

Welcome back Mike,glad you had a good vacation. Congrats on the sponsor. Let me know if you are going to shoot any practice sessions,I will join you,I'm trying to get serios to. I just made a B classification and I see the need for lots of improvement in my shooting also. Are you going to MRPC this weekend?

Congrats on the B. I'm going to be in northern Ohio Sunday morning so unfortunately can't make it to MRPC.

Pulled the trigger on a live round for the first time since MRPC at the end of July. Dryfiring DOES work. I just did some basic work but my transitions went very smooth (in comparison to before). I'm going to do A lot more of the "free practice" now.

Thank you Pharaoh Bender.

No USPSA or IDPA this weekend the only thing to do with shooting this weekend I did was go to the Buckeye Big Buck Banquet on Saturday night. That turned out pretty well. My buck that I shot last fall scored 3rd Typical in the state of Ohio and 2nd with a muzzleloader. It scored 175 0/8. First place was 178 0/8. Was not far off.

The practice cards came Friday. I've been looking through them this weekend. Cant wait to start using them. Thank you Bobby.

Edited by MTBfarms

• 2 weeks later...

This past weekend was a good one. Brought My Springfield out of the safe. Going to use it to finish up the season. (I start harvest in 3 weeks or so) Put close to 600 rounds through it in two days. Good practice too. Not just blasting away. Trying to force myself to shoot all A's. My New practice deck comes in very handy. Ran through several of the drills. Sunday morning I tried out Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association's new steel and swinger. That was a blast.

Edited by MTBfarms

Shot Circleville Yesterday. Conrad can sure put on one hell of a match. My weaknesses showed up big time on a match like this. Tons of steel a long way off. A slight flinch rearing its ugly head from time to time.

Sounds like we both need to practice long range steel shots.

Yea that steel stage was pitiful. I felt like a rookie at my first match.

Shooting a Single Stack is like shooting a revo with a mag, you can't make mistakes and that goes double for this match! Those poppers ate me up as well and I finished 9th overall in limited at the PROAM! If you want to get good with the skinny gun it takes several matchs to get things going right with it. I've shot it pretty much straight for the past 16 months or so and I've learned a lot from it.

Sounds like we both need to practice long range steel shots.

Yea that steel stage was pitiful. I felt like a rookie at my first match.

Shooting a Single Stack is like shooting a revo with a mag, you can't make mistakes and that goes double for this match! Those poppers ate me up as well and I finished 9th overall in limited at the PROAM! If you want to get good with the skinny gun it takes several matchs to get things going right with it. I've shot it pretty much straight for the past 16 months or so and I've learned a lot from it.

You can't be more right. Single Stack is very challenging (loads of fun though). I can not blame the gun one bit for my bad showing. It is very accurate. I thought I was completely over my flinch but I'm not. Its not nearly as bad but its still there. Only a few inches at 20 yards but that was more than enough to send that stage to hell in a hand basket.

Tell me why you had no problem with plates at that range but did with a US popper at the same range? It should be the same sight picture with the same result. Now don't beat your self up over it though, it was a very difficult stage and if you haven't doped a lot of big stages like that with a SS it can be very hard to come up with a good plan on a stage with a lot of steel like that one.

Edited by steel1212

Tell me why you had no problem with plates at that range but did with a US popper at the same range? It should be the same sight picture with the same result. Now don't beat your self up over it though, it was a very difficult stage and if you haven't doped a lot of big stages like that with a SS it can be very hard to come up with a good plan on a stage with a lot of steel like that one.

Honestly I don't know why the plates went better than the poppers. Some mental screw up.

I just realized I copied you line for the range diary. Here I thought that was original. Sorry about that.

I guess I should just man up and post that stage. I do have that one on video. (figures). I hope Bobby does not kick me off of the team after he sees it.

Michael, you're my horse if you never win a race, don't forget that! :cheers: