Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 primer

I have loades on a dillon 550 for 6 years. I step up to a 650 with a case feeder. When I puh foward to seat the primer, if pushed to hard I will force the 9mm shell through the shell plate. The seating post seams to come up to high. If I load normal works ok. But when you come to a stuborn primer I can push the shell through the shell plate. Never happend on the 550 unless it was a 380 in 9mm set up.

Firstly,

Lay off the Red Bull :roflol:

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Check the shellplate is in fact correct then check and ensure it is not damaged, chipped etc. Check that the srping loaded tab is holding the case into teh shellplate properly. If the cases moves away from the centre of the shellplate under rotation that tab is desinged to push it back to the centre of the slot.

If that does not cure you problem then I think the problem lays in the cases not the primer seating pin. The primer pocket may be a little small or may have a crimp. Check your 9mm brass and seperate all the crimped primer cases and deprime and decrimp seperately.

I have loades on a dillon 550 for 6 years. I step up to a 650 with a case feeder. When I puh foward to seat the primer, if pushed to hard I will force the 9mm shell through the shell plate. The seating post seams to come up to high. If I load normal works ok. But when you come to a stuborn primer I can push the shell through the shell plate. Never happend on the 550 unless it was a 380 in 9mm set up.

No matter where you got the press from, definitely check to be sure it has a #5 Shellplate for 9mm.

be