Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zeroing new Burris Reticle

Brian Payne

I picked up the new Burris 1.5 x 6 XTR. My son has the 1 x 4 XTR.

For those that have either of these two optics, either Gen 1 or Gen 2, how are you zeroing the reticle. It is set up to use the larger first dot for 100 yrd, then a very small 200 yrd dot, then a larger 300 yrd dot, then the BDC lines for longer distance.

My son brought up a very good point. Just zero the large 100 yrd dot for 200 yrds, you would hold a little low on 100 yrd targets but be dead on out to 200 (and dead on at 50 also). Then check the rest of the dots and stadia lines to see where they line up for distance using your ammo of choice.

Just curious what others are doing.

The 200 yard dot is hard as hell to see though.

That is what brought up the topic of conversation. By just using the 100 yrd. dot as the 200 yrd zero, it is easier and quicker to aquire, you would only be around 1" high at 100 yrds., but you would need to spend some range time figuring all of the other ranges out. This would not be a bad thing I guess.

Edited by 00bullitt

Im zeroing mine the way you said up front. Big dot 100 small dot 200 larger dot 300 etc. Its worked out well so far. The 200 yard dot is hard as hell to see though.

Same here. I find myself just amming high on the plate with the 100 yd dot @ 200, that small dot is a female dog to see....