Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Exhorbitant FFL tyransfer fees

kurtm

I hate it when an FFL take advantage of shooters who were lucky enough to win something with a "Serial Number". It is $$$ up front or you just plain won't get your prise! At a recent match this happened, the guy asked WAY TOO MUCH even for a face to face FFL transfer, and wanted to charge shipping on top of the $$$ for the transfer and was REAL RUDE. Match director should really screen their FFL guys to make sure you don't get a LEACH!! who just wants to soak the shooters! KurtM

I hate it when an FFL take advantage of shooters who were lucky enough to win something with a "Serial Number". It is $$$ up front or you just plain won't get your prise! At a recent match this happened, the guy asked WAY TOO MUCH even for a face to face FFL transfer, and wanted to charge shipping on top of the $$$ for the transfer and was REAL RUDE. Match director should really screen their FFL guys to make sure you don't get a LEACH!! who just wants to soak the shooters! KurtM

I hate the fact that to win your prize you have to pay anything, but it is what it is. Yes, MD should screen their FFLs because when you do good they know your going to take the gun and to get the gun you have to go through the FFL.

I hear ya, I attended a very large match last year where I was charge three times what other FFLs have charged at matches to get my gun transferred. Hell, I had to go borrow cash cause I never expected to have to pony up that much just to have a gun shipped to me (never expected to win a gun either though).

The FFL working the Area 3 match was awesome! Charged a very fair price and shipped my gun out FAST. Results definitely vary from match to match.

I have always thought that the transfer fee should be a Match expenditure. Winner pays for any shipping if needed. I'm an FFL holder and handle transfers for several organizations, they all pick up the transfer fees as part of their event.

Rich