Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Targets

jkatz44

I have printed out some targets and poppers. Then i traced them out on cardbord, cut the cardbord out, and then glued the paper and the cardbord together. My question is how can i make some sort of stand to put the targets up in my garage to shoot at.

I have printed out some targets and poppers. Then i traced them out on cardbord, cut the cardbord out, and then glued the paper and the cardbord together. My question is how can i make some sort of stand to put the targets up in my garage to shoot at.

I made some stands using ferring strips that I normally use for target stick for the regular sized targets. But I am buying reduced sized targets from CED.

http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object927

I just tape the paper target to cardboard boxes sitting on shelves in my dryfire area. The center of the impact area gets shot out, but I am finally at the stage in my shooting career where most of my shots hit close to the middle of the target, leaving the edges intact to hold the paper. I just slap fresh targets over the old ones (the paper underneath helps stiffen the new target). The box (with a towel backer inside) catches the pellets.

eta: I print targets with heavily marked, thick lined borders that are enough contrast against the rest of the sheet that I don't need to cut them out. I don't mind that they're white.

8X10.5 paper gets you 1/3 size targets or smaller. I made 1/2 sized cardboard templates, positive and negative, that I can use to trace or spray paint onto kraft type paper rolls (available at Home Depot) or scrap cardboard.

Edited by kevin c

I just tape the paper target to cardboard boxes sitting on shelves in my dryfire area. The center of the impact area gets shot out, but I am finally at the stage in my shooting career where most of my shots hit close to the middle of the target, leaving the edges intact to hold the paper. I just slap fresh targets over the old ones (the paper underneath helps stiffen the new target). The box (with a towel backer inside) catches the pellets.

eta: I print targets with heavily marked, thick lined borders that are enough contrast against the rest of the sheet that I don't need to cut them out. I don't mind that they're white.

8X10.5 paper gets you 1/3 size targets or smaller. I made 1/2 sized cardboard templates, positive and negative, that I can use to trace or spray paint onto kraft type paper rolls (available at Home Depot) or scrap cardboard.

what kind of targets do u print out and where can i get them

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73666

what kind of targets do u print out and where can i get them

Where do you print your targets out. Also how do u apply it to the box kevin c

I used the basic drafting software on my old Mac (Corel?) to make my own targets, (the dimensions are listed in the rulebook). Thicker lines on the edges is just a matter of a couple clicks. Same with making barely visible borders on the A box of the target, which is the only zone I want to hit. A white outline target w/o color is fine for my purposes. Bigger scaled targets I just hand drafted onto cardboard and cut them out.

Lost the Mac program a long time ago. Now I just use last century's technology to copy (does anybody still call it "Xeroxing"?) what I already have, and use the bigger templates to trace/spray paint the rest.

8x10.5 paper gets slapped up on the box w/ nothing more than tape. I tried clips, but they're awkward on a box - prolly fine on a line to hang targets from.

I just use the Ced targets for airsoft. I just paste like normal targets. Depending what I'm working on I might just paste C's and D's. I actually now use the CED airsoft targets for my live fire practice too.

For a target stand I bought 1.25 pvc and then used regular target sticks. The sticks fit down inside the 1.25 tight and will stay. I made a base using 2 T's and then cutting 1.25 pvc on each end to stabilize it and the another short 12in pvc up so I can slide the sticks down in. To make them more stable you could add 2 more T's and have a cross section so the 2 legs are attached. Thats probably what I will do.

Flyin

CED target fan here as well. 20 feet away, you definitely sights if you want an Alpha.

When it comes to simulating long distance shots, I cut maybe a 2-inch square out of a noshoot, and stick it on top of brown. At 20 feet, I already start to see rounds curving off the intended POI by about an inch, so that's as far away as I shoot.

We don't have much wind here unless it's raining, so I usually staple the target to a standard target stand (wood 1x2) down one side, and let the other side hang fee in the wind...