Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Trigger rebound spring

Dennis (CT)

MY EAA Witness trigger rebound/reset spring finally broke. The trigger will pull back but must be pushed forward to reset. I see that one of the long tabs off the spring end is snapped off.

How difficult is it to get this spring, and how difficult to install it? I keep hearing horror stories about the role pins that hold all the parts in place.

no horror stories needed. Go to Hennings site (he's on the vendor forum here as well), he has a video of disassemebly and assembly of the frame. There's just one pin that hold's the trigger assembly in place, it's just advisable to watch the video to see how to do it smartly.

• 2 weeks later...
MY EAA Witness trigger rebound/reset spring finally broke. The trigger will pull back but must be pushed forward to reset. I see that one of the long tabs off the spring end is snapped off.

How difficult is it to get this spring, and how difficult to install it? I keep hearing horror stories about the role pins that hold all the parts in place.

May I ask how long you have used this gun and how many rounds/ and dryfire you may have thru it. Maybe I am just lucky, but my trigger must have been pressed at least 20,000 + times over the last 2 years. I do lubricate it with slide glide lite, and the only spring I had problems with was the sear spring, it had worn thru where it contacts the safety bar.

Edited by Mo Hepworth