Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Targetmaster 9mm

kar45

Mate out of the box it should be ok to shoot, LIke you said just get a trigger job and you will be set. I am using a Edge for metallic sights but I put the same sights that come with the target master on this week (aristocrat Tri Set)and I am going out soon to sight the gun in. This sight give better sight picture then the orginla STI one on the edge. I do know of a fair few shooter that still use the orginal bomar sight and have had good results.

To answer your question, it would be a Metallic gun since it fires single action. For Production it has to fire atleast the first shot double action.

I have seen quite a few shooters shoot some decent scores with them. (1800's) For the money, they seem like a good deal.

Mate out of the box it should be ok to shoot, LIke you said just get a trigger job and you will be set. I am using a Edge for metallic sights but I put the same sights that come with the target master on this week (aristocrat Tri Set)and I am going out soon to sight the gun in. This sight give better sight picture then the orginla STI one on the edge. I do know of a fair few shooter that still use the orginal bomar sight and have had good results.

Bafaction, thanks for your help. Are any of the iron sight guys using a fiber optic on the front, or does this hurt your precision at 50 yards? Regards, Kirby

I use fiber optic front and rear. The F/O is quick to line up at 10 and 15, then switch to the black iron part at longer distances with more time. You have to train your mind

to be able to go back and forth at will, but shooting is mostly a mental discipline anyway.

I use fiber optic front and rear. The F/O is quick to line up at 10 and 15, then switch to the black iron part at longer distances with more time. You have to train your mind

to be able to go back and forth at will, but shooting is mostly a mental discipline anyway.

I tried to shoot a match with a FO front sight and the sun was a low angle in front of me which caused the FO sight to "bloom" so badly that I couldn't even see the metal part of the front sight at all... Maybe it's my eyes, or the particular sight I was using, or is there some trick to prevent this?

I use a small 1mm front and rear F/O rods. The front F/O is only about 1/3 of the front sight so it has a lot of black around it. The colors have a lot to do with

how bright they can get. Green is the brightest, orange is next, then red, then yellow, and blue is fairly dark.