Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Hurt Locker

<Thread drift on.> Question for todays modern warrior. Please keep in mind my service to our nation was spent under the North Atlantic. Targeting everything that wasn't under the North Atlantic. Obviously I don't know any better. :blink: Out of say five IED's, how many have to be actually approached and defused...by a dude...in a suit? Can you just blow the s#it out of them from a safe distance? Remember, this is a squid asking so...

Jim

<thread drift off>

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hurt Locker was not a documentary and wasn't meant to be. It is fiction, i.e. the characters do things that they wouldn't do "in real life".

Or you mean everything the characters do isn't what happens in real life.

The problem I have with movies like this is the disservice they do to the true professionals that they try to portray. I have had some very incredible opportunities to spend time with quiet professionals, and not a one of them portrays the antics that are so often attributed to them by Hollywood.

Edited by smokshwn

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the movie for its intense action scenes, but I do think some of the scenes were purely for dramatic effect.

Has anyone heard that the movie might be based on the real life of Master Sgt. Jeffery Sarver. I heard he filed a lawsuit claiming the writer of the movie essentially took events that occurred while the writer was embedded with the Sarver and wrote a script from it. And the ringer is that Sarver didn't get a dime for it. I thought some of you guys might find this interesting.

• 2 months later...

If I have to say a good thing! You know like our Mothers told us!

The Movie did show how the Enemy is. Making an IED out of a dead Boy. Locking a Bomb on that Man.

It did show the true Character of the insurgency.

What got me in the movie,, was not all of the big Boom short stories. It was when he was Standing in the Grocery Store. One day making life and death decisions the next thing you know ,, Holly crap, I'm a guy in the Grocery store! I have Been there and done that.

Jim M ammo

Interesting that you mention it, but the grocery store scene was the one scene that stood out to me as very real and well portrayed. Going back to a large grocery store for the first time and seeing all the choices available was surreal.