Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a good threaded barrel and comp?

Racer 27

Here's why:

1. I've started shooting 3 gun and my saiga puts me into open.

2. I've got a Gem Tech Tundra coming.

3. I don't have the money to spend on an open gun.

Would a comp on the barrel cause any problems with cycling like with some suppressors?

I don't know if anyone still makes a comp for the Beretta or not and I can't remember who did (old fart problem)! To answer your question...No, a comp shouldn't cause cycling problems. You will need to load hotter to help the comp work better. Optics will also help in Open.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Just re-reading Sept/Oct 2008 American Handgunner magazine and there is an article showing a comp. on a Beretta. The Comp is by TJ's Customs...tj@tjscustomgunworks.com or phone 310-558-4445.

Hope this helps,

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to contact this guy:

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread....;highlight=open

Here's why:

1. I've started shooting 3 gun and my saiga puts me into open.

2. I've got a Gem Tech Tundra coming.

3. I don't have the money to spend on an open gun.

Would a comp on the barrel cause any problems with cycling like with some suppressors?

• 3 months later...

You might want to contact this guy:

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread....;highlight=open

Actually you need to go to berettaforum.net and search "SGS comp" a guy on there makes and sells them. His user name is Ric70506. I have one of his comp's and it is top notch. Let me know if you want and I can post a picture of it.

and good luck finding an off the shelf solution to fitting a mount for a C-more to a Beretta frame.

Yeah, I know it has been done before...I just get a little ant-sey about drilling through a gun's serial numbers...that's all.

:unsure:

Burris fast fire, their marketing info shows a Baretta slide ride specifically.

I just test fired a copy of the SGS frame mounted comp (re: the movie "The Professional). I know this guy, who bought this thing, and he wants to do some stuff. One of which is mass producing a very similar comp to the SGS. No need to change barrel, comp mounts to frame. I tried to talk him out of it, but it was no use. Maybe that's a good thing. Anyway, the 3D model is out for quotes.

• 7 months later...

Burris fast fire, their marketing info shows a Baretta slide ride specifically.

I just test fired a copy of the SGS frame mounted comp (re: the movie "The Professional). I know this guy, who bought this thing, and he wants to do some stuff. One of which is mass producing a very similar comp to the SGS. No need to change barrel, comp mounts to frame. I tried to talk him out of it, but it was no use. Maybe that's a good thing. Anyway, the 3D model is out for quotes.

Racer27, here you go. Let me know how you make out.

http://www.samscustomgunworksusa.com/

Having a dot is what makes open faster than limited, not the comp.

+1 to that, and that is only if you can find it, and mastering the dot can be a substantual effort taking considerable time. I have open guns and when I shoot 3-Gun I shoot Tactical with an FN SLP MK II.

While I'll admit to being FS92 ignorant, turning one of those into a competitive open gun is sure to cost more than buying a good used STI/SV open gun. Come Nov, Dec, Jan there will be a sell off with lots of good inexpensive guns on the market. Caspian's are also good and most times a lot less expensive.