Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" in the making

ogiebb

• 3 weeks later...
That is a NICE lookin' gat you have there. Love the two tone finish. That is Ion bond right?

I bet it shoots extrememly FLAT.

Is that the AET Schumann barrel on that or is that a classic barreled set up?

Sorry it took a while...

the finish is Matt's famous bluing job it is the blackest and baddest bluing i have seen or had

the barrel is a non AET set up as i would like to shoot several types of bullets in it (lead, Moly etc)

its very flat and its the tightest and lightest Limited gun i have owned...its even lighter than my 6" bushing gun...i dont know what Matt did or where he cut weight ...im just very happy with this set up

all i know is that i will be Begging Matt to build me more guns when i get some money to pay him :D

Edited by ogiebb

So, how did you do shooting open with it? :ph34r:

Its fine thats the beauty of the clubs here in az

they are not whiny beetchiiz like some clubs

and who cares eventually it going to get legal

soon .. Ill just have to wait

So you're saying that clubs that actually enforce the division rules and refuse to let competitors cheat are whiny female dogs? Unbelievable!

sez who?......

Amidon and the Board HERE:

Title: Raised rib barrel legality

Created: 8/14/04

Updated: 7/31/08

Effective: 8/07/08

Rule number: Appx D2 Spec

Applies to: Pistol

Ruling authority: John Amidon

Ruling

SV has provided confirmation that the "Sight Tracker" has met the requirements of 500 produced and a year of production in .40S&W with a 5" barrel. Calibers in other than .40S&W are not allowed and raised rib barrels other than 5" are not allowed. This configuration will only be allowed on wide body guns, as this is how SV produced it.

So you're saying that clubs that actually enforce the division rules and refuse to let competitors cheat are whiny female dogs? Unbelievable!

im saying that over here they rather shoot and take skill level over a silly rule about equipment..do they follow rules ? absolutely ......Unbelievable? ...lighten up Nik.. dont worry next time ill mark "Open"

Edited by ogiebb

couldn't have said it better myself....excellent summation!

Edited by bigsaxdog

I took the RO class with this guy. He often complained that USPSA had TOO many rules. It was even more difficult squadding with him.

I have always thought the rules were well thought out, to even the playing field amongst its participants.

I took the RO class with this guy. He often complained that USPSA had TOO many rules. It was even more difficult squadding with him.

I have always thought the rules were well thought out, to even the playing field amongst its participants.

What RO Class was that?. i took my RO Class in NJ .and when did i say that?. and i dont know you... when did i squad with you? get your FACTS straight before accusing people .....and for the record i have never shot with a "Berry Wood" (with a name like that i would know) before in NY,NJ,CT nor AZ ...get your ID107 card and look for company

Ha ha ..Funny you were not even in our RO Class...April/May 2008

what a troll

Edited by ogiebb

What RO Class was that?. i took my RO Class in NJ .and when did i say that?. and i dont know you... when did i squad with you? get your FACTS straight before accusing people .....

They couldn't be talking about me either. I was just yanking ogiebb's chain. I love that gun and am going to own it's sister in 9mm come spring time(once I get this box of parts shipped).

I took the RO class with this guy. He often complained that USPSA had TOO many rules. It was even more difficult squadding with him...

You must be thinking of someone else...

Just to set the record straight, I actually did take the RO class w/ ogie, and I recall not a single complaint about "too many rules"... or anything, for that matter. And I'm sure the instructor (George Jones) would say the same.

And as for squadding with him, ogie is one of the nicest guys I've met since getting involved in the sport: he's polite and professional on the range, and takes the rules of the sport very seriously. And as a shooter of a very high skill and kowledge level, he's also accessible and generous with helpful advice.

Let's not over-react to a comment intended in jest, and get back to drooling over ogie's beautiful new gun! :cheers:

yeah, some people just don't know what to do with it.......

I am intrigued lately by the heavy vs light again, this time for other reasons than shooting fast or not. I am more interested in saving my elbows from another injury. I tent to shoot some and I have developed some injuries that I am still have to deal with. I am not going to stop shooting, I told the doc. Back to the topic, 6” makes sense. I haven’t played with one yet to decide. I am sold on the sight tracker concept though.

they really ain't that heavy if'n you chop the slide enough. i mean, i saw the STI one at the 'shot show', now that was heavy.... the whole concept is heavy barrel, light slide, and then it feels good. i wanna chop my slide even more, actually......gonna do it soon.......i mean, full bull barrel, slabside slide, long dust cover 5" guns ain't exactly light......

Edited by bigsaxdog

after shooting a 6" gun i really like the extra help of the longer sight radius..the sight tracker barrel was just a plus, i also liked the simplicity of a bull barrel since i dont need to use a bushing wrench

this limited gun is around 37 ounces and so much lighter than my 5" bull barrel short dustcover SV

after shooting that sight tracker, go back to the sight on the slide gun, see what you think.......i like revos too, and it definitely reminds me of that. lot to be said for seeing more sight.........

this is not my first sight tracker and i have shot my pistols with sights on the slide after shooting the sight tracker,i pick up the front sight easier with this set up( or perceive)...ive also let my GM Buddy shoot it too and compare with his standard limited gun he says the same as well

it does not cut my time in half or make me a GM all i know and cant explain is that i get better hits

just my 2 Cents

Edited by ogiebb

• 2 weeks later...