Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock RTF Frame legality

BigTinVA

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can I take my 22 RTF Frame (approved model) and put a Glock 34 (approved mode) slide on? Glock supposedly released the 34 RTF on July 1, but who knows when they will actually be avail or approved.

I'm betting not until the 34 RTF gets approved......

....and even then Amidon might not approve such a swap, although it would supposedly be legal (at least for Glock service) to replace every major component one at a time, as they break.....

Hello: I handled a Glock 22 RTF today after all the hype on here. Well I think I will stick with my Gen 2 G17 with no finger grooves :cheers: The grip just does seem that great to me. I think if you add some skate tape to the places you want and then some Pro Grip on your hands you will be better off. I also did not care for the cocking serrations. Thanks, Eric

There is a consideration unmentioned and that is that USPSA now requires which is an official weight of the weapon. For some reason it is relatively easy for some of the manufactors to get us the certificate as to the number built but they can not seem to determine an official weight for their gun. I am not saying this is what happened with the most recent Glock approval. I am saying that we have to be given a weight and I did not see anyone mention that here.

Charles Bond

I did notice that the official weight was different for both of the RTF Glocks (G17 & G22) compared to their 1,2,3 Generation guns.

17 9mm (24.75 oz.), 17 RTF2 9mm (24.11 oz.)

22 .40S&W (25.5 oz.), 22 RTF2 .40S&W (25.62 oz.)

Edited by BigTinVA