Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

aa #7 leaks from powder bar

Use the powder bar spacer as a template and cut out a shim from a sheet of paper. Place the shim on top of the spacer and reassemble. The plastic pin will hold the shim in place.

Two years ago I had the same problem using AA7, and when I called Dillon, the rep. there told me to put a piece of Scotch Tape between the bars. This solution worked fine for quite a while. I did, however eventually replace the bars and have since loaded several thousand rounds using AA7 with no leakage. I may be wrong, but I think Dillon is now using a different harder alloy for their bars.

Measure the thickness of the powder bar and spacer, using calipers. The thickness should be .356"-.359". If both measure less than that, contact Dillon and we'll mail a new thicker spacer bar to you. By itself it is thick enough to make up the difference. AA-7 is the smallest dimensioned granule powder out there.

:cheers:

• 6 months later...

it's been far too long since i've gotten a reloading session in. 2 jobs keeping me busy plus holidays. quality problems i suppose. anyway i found some aa number 7 and it no longer leaks. i cleaned the spacer with alcohol and laid the top of the spacer on the sticky side of some heavy scotch tape. then i just cut around it with a xacto knife. both the spacer and the powder bar were within tolerance, but not by much. anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for all the help,and let you guys know all is well.