Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 92 factory metal guide rod

Chuck D

Did Beretta ever offer a factory metal guide rod for the 92 ? One that will fit the 92/M9 version not just the Elite models ?

If they did...where might I buy one (or two) ?

Thanks in advance ! :cheers:

All the original military ones had metal guide rods and triggers, I think once the us plant was online they switched to plastic on both. While not factory Brownell's stocks several that will work fine, I installed a Wolff steel guide rod and a steel trigger along with the Wolff compression style trigger return spring, I also used a much lightened mainspring as part of an over all tune up.

All the original military ones had metal guide rods and triggers, I think once the us plant was online they switched to plastic on both. While not factory Brownell's stocks several that will work fine, I installed a Wolff steel guide rod and a steel trigger along with the Wolff compression style trigger return spring, I also used a much lightened mainspring as part of an over all tune up.

Hi Joe. Where'd you get the steel trigger from ? Is it a factory part ?

I bought an Elite II in 2002 or 2003 and it had a steel trigger and plastic guide rod. I was fine with the guide rod the way it was. After 8k rounds it looked brand new. I think the switch to plastic triggers occurred around 2005-2006.