Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People that have no regards for their personal hygiene.

Heavy Barrel

There is a guy that comes in the shop down here that must not have a clue what soap and water are. He works outside, so when summer hits you can smell it when he hits the door from the back of the shop. We have eventually got air freshner to hoze the place down after he leaves if its really bad.

On a similar note, Take the person who has marrinated in their perfume/cologne :sick: What is worse about that is that as an asthmatic, I have ended up with an attack from just having one of these subjects walk by :angry:

Wash it, don't try to mask it!

For the 1st twelve years of my adult working life, I turned wrenches at a car dealership in Houston. One of the Techs would wear the same uniform 2 or 3 days in a row like religion. If he was at the back parts counter, I would find something else to do until he was out of there. The smell made my eyes burn and my stomach churn. I never understood why he didn't wear a clean uniform each day. They gave us 7 per 5 day work week! And the uniform service cleaned and pressed them. FREE. It was just plain disgusting.

I used to work with a guy, computer programmer, who's mother would come to visit to wash his clothes. She must have gone on vacation once because we counted 15 days straight that he wore the same pants. It was obvious because he had spilled some ketchup on them on day 2 or 3. Oh yeah, we're talking 15 WORK days, so this was 3 weeks straight. He got sent home more than once to bathe but it didn't seem to faze him. The odd thing is that I really liked the guy and learned a lot from him, I just couldn't be in the same room for very long.

We also had some issues with offshore contractors in the office. HR sat them down and explained that it was expected that they bathe and use deoderant *every* day. Many of them didn't know and it cured 95% of the problems.