Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock frame Straightening

nphd2000

I searched I swear!

I bought a Glock 34 over the internet. Now that it's here I noticed it has the front frame rails that curve up. Some where is a thread about straightening them. Can anyone point me in the direction of the thread or shed some light on the how to please?

Thanks

I searched I swear!

I bought a Glock 34 over the internet. Now that it's here I noticed it has the front frame rails that curve up. Some where is a thread about straightening them. Can anyone point me in the direction of the thread or shed some light on the how to please?

Thanks

Are you talking about the actual metal inserts or the plastic dust cover in front of the front metal inserts. If it's just the dust cover, ignore it and shoot the piss out of it.

I searched I swear!

Thanks

I have multiple 3rd gen Glocks...all of their dust covers angle up slightly, but do not contact the slide...not an expert, but I think it is a non issue.

They are called "Pig Nose" Glocks. There are multiple threads on Glock Talk about how to fix that condition. I would not be caught in public with one. It is kind of like taking an ugly girl to the prom. :surprise:

They are called "Pig Nose" Glocks. There are multiple threads on Glock Talk about how to fix that condition. I would not be caught in public with one. It is kind of like taking an ugly girl to the prom. :surprise:

I woke up this morning and the "Pig Nose" thing hit me like a ton of bricks. Thanks though. I searched alot of things last night but "pig nose" never crossed my mind.

The frame actually contacts the slide (contact marks are on the slide and frame). The AA .22 conversion that came with it had an extended barrel to "Help" with the cycling. I believe it's the frame rub thats causing the AA issue's.

I found alot of crap about the "pig nose" dust cover (TDC) on other forums. If anyone is interested you can fix it simply and I believe it has solved my problem with the AA .22 conversion kit (another couple hunderd rounds and I'll be convinced). I used a suggestion from a different forum. A wedge between the slide and dust cover to give you the desired gap then heat with a hair dryer. I actually used a lever to pry and when the pressure was no longer needed on the lever I stopped applying the heat.

I searched I swear!

Thanks

On my Glock 24 I just whittled them down with a razor knife :blush:

And - aside from the AA .22 conversion unit - this is supposedly a problem because....

Aside from affecting the function of the AA, if you don't mind the slide rubbing on the dust cover, it wouldn't be a problem.