Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blake's Travel Tip #1

Be sure to check all the small zipper pockets in your CED backpack if you are using it as your carry-on.

Having everything you need to properly clean your gun at an away match - zero dollars

Having the convenience of carrying everything on your back and in one carry on baggage - zero dollars

Mistakenly forgetting a long ago misplaced FULL BOX of 9mm Major ammo in the little zipper pocket and having the TSA find it for you in the middle of Hartsfield-Jackson airport's security checkpoint - priceless!

It put us behind a little but we finally made it to Area 5! I don't shoot until tomorrow morning so I'm off to get some rest!

Blake

Lol, nice one.

That would have happened to me on the way to the junior camp but my dad reminded me to check the bottom of my bag. It was a good thing he did because I found like 10 rounds just laying around in it.

Good luck at A5.

Are you feeling BLONDE right now? :roflol:

Hey these things happen! MANY years ago I went to visit my wayward little brother in jail. When I got to the front door of the jail I reached into my pocket for a tissue and found a pocket full of ammo. In front of me was a very large sign warning visitors against bringing such items into the facility; less you desire to become a guest there yourself. I must have been a sight - flinging ammo from my pockets into the shrubbery while trying to be discreet about it.

And yes, I'm blond. At least I was then, now my mane is a grizzled gray. I think coming to close to trouble like that probably accelerated the process. :surprise:

Be sure to check all the small zipper pockets in your CED backpack if you are using it as your carry-on.

Having everything you need to properly clean your gun at an away match - zero dollars

Having the convenience of carrying everything on your back and in one carry on baggage - zero dollars

Mistakenly forgetting a long ago misplaced FULL BOX of 9mm Major ammo in the little zipper pocket and having the TSA find it for you in the middle of Hartsfield-Jackson airport's security checkpoint - priceless!

It put us behind a little but we finally made it to Area 5! I don't shoot until tomorrow morning so I'm off to get some rest!

Blake

My wife, son, and I were headed out to Colorado to visit friends this winter. We park in the long term lot, and the shuttle gets to us before we've finished going though our checklist. We're pulling up at the airport, and my wife says "got everything you need?" "yup!" "don't have anything you shouldn't?" <I pat my side and find my carry gun> "Driver? I need to go back to my car!"

THAT would have been fun to explain to TSA!

I too went through security with 2 stripper clips of 38 Special that I had stuck into my computer bag the last time that I went shooting. This was in 2004, and was given the option of checking it or "donating it." My wife wasn't too happy about the delay (not that I had ammo at the airport :surprise: ). I grabbed the local officer, asked if he had a 38 Special-which he said he did- and gave him the 10 rounds of Hydra Shoks and the 2 Bianchi stripper clips. I think I made his day, because he even looked up what gate our flight was leaving from so we could get there quickly and was genuinely thankful. Our dekay was only a couple of minutes, but we were running behind.

I understand that today, things are more time consuming.

Jason