Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chrono at local match

xcelr8hard

Interesting that you should ask.

We have done it, but not for about two years. We are past due. I personally think that every club should chrono at least once a year. The big problem is we all want to shoot the match. No one wants to sit there all day and just run the chrono. Last time we did it, we used declared weights and pulled ammo from shooters mags. We did have a couple people minor and one I believe sub-minored.

I think once as an announced in advance, we will be chronoing and then one more unannounced during the year. To be really nice you could even set up a chrono for shooters to voluntarily and without penalty chrono their loads.

Jim

To be really nice you could even set up a chrono for shooters to voluntarily and without penalty chrono their loads.

This would be handy, especially before a major match. It'd be a good way to get a second chrono reading iof you doubted your own chrono, or if you were close to the line. I'd feel much more comfortable with a PF of 170 if I'd gotten 170 or higher in my chrono and a club chrono.

I shot a match one time where the last few shots on a stage were taken through a smaller diameter drainage pipe. They set up a chronograph in conjunction with the pipe (so the chrono wouldn't get killed) and reset it for every shooter. So at the end of the stage the shooter could check the velocity of those rounds after the scoring was done.

The chrono was not there as part of the match, it was just there as a service to the shooters. There were a few shooters who didn't make their declared power factor but since it was not and "official" chrono it was not counnted againt them in the match. The crap the shooters who did not make major took from all the other shooters was punishment enough. :lol:

Neal in AZ

Interesting post timing as the MD has announced the Northern Rocky Sectional (Montana) in August will have a chrono stage 2 months after Area 1. I made 173.7 at Area 1 through 2 chrono's (back to back) that did not always record the shot so it will be interesting to see what the same load gets after sitting 2 months.