Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Twix and I will be in squad 19 on Sunday AM. Unfortunately, I don't think BigDave will make it this time.

You'll be able to recognize me easily . . . I'll be the guy still struggling to get up from the "bed" on Stage 1 as your squad arrives. :lol:

I thought that you were still on the bed from stage 3 at the KY State match.

I am still there!

I'm posting these messages using a mobile phone! :lol:

My goal is to be on my feet in time to drive to Ft. Wayne by Sunday morning.

Nice match, my first major. Just waiting for final results to see if I finished last or second to last. :(

Rhino and I had a good time. Skeeter did real well.

Got to meet Steve Anderson, told him an old cigar joke, not sure if he liked that or not. He apparently shot real well, maybe even first over-all. Nice job, Steve.

Tom Bergman

It was a very fun match and significantly more challenging (shooting-wise) than the Kentucky match.

I did accomplish my one goal for the day: I got out of the bed and onto my feet, lickety-split. B) Unfortunately, I was so amazed that I accomplished that feat of magic that I didn't realize until I had my gun in my hands that my "plan" ended there. At one point, I was staring at poppers on either side of the range in front of me and three papers targets dead ahead. I just stood there because I couldn't get my my mind and hands to pick a team and start blasting at one of them . . . ANY of them! :blink::wacko:

Not only did I have a pathetically slow time (plus two mikes and a no-shoot), but I couldn't blame my slowness on my inherent slowosity! It was all shooting and decision making errors! D'OH! :(

Then on the last stage, I had to reload at slide lock a few times and I had THREE DOUBLE FEEDS! :angry: I was slamming my 10-round mags a little too vigorously and the top round was popping out, then sliding into the chamber, then the slide was dropping and dragging the second round with it. ARGH! :angry: One double feed will kill a stage even as slowly as I go . . . but three! Issa reedickaluss!

Oh, and I got some "tough love" from young Master Anderson too. The ol' "Fifteen minutes a day . . ."

Kinda like "A little dab'll do ya!" :lol:

And we got done really early too. I wanted to reshoot the whole match!

I'm still a li'l bit excited.

Just a li'l.

I shot the match on Sat PM. I thought it was a well designed match and will for sure shoot it again. Cant wait to see the scores. I think they said the scores will be posted by monday night.

R. Hall

Congrats, Steve! I wish I could have seen you shoot . . . did you shoot on Saturday?

I'm pretty sure I won the unemployed lazy-a**half-Filipino fat guy from Montgomery County category, but I have yet to receive my accolades! I don't think I could have accomplished this triumph without the two practice sessions in the last two weeks, plus three dry fire sessions at home.

I'd like to thank the academy, my family, and all the little people who made this possible . . .

I had a decent rally at the end of the match, but my "oops, this weak hand stage is two shots not one" caused me to rush the makeups and get two mikes...next to last on the stage.

Had a gun problem on my first stage causing a mike on the last target.

And on fenced in...ran the gun dry with two unnecessary make up shots and screwed the pooch with mag availability.

A good gun match, and VERY well run...

SA

joey yu'll always be first in my heart if you keep helping with the score's.

:wub::wub:

you know i didn't do anything that great. i shoot fast but not real fast just steady. only had one mike and a noshoot the whole match.

Well, apparently fast and steady is what it takes to win! So you did do something great!

I think I'm in a rut, so I'm sending the slide of my Kimber back to the factory to have the rear night sight repaired. I think I'll shoot production from now until it gets warm in the spring, just like I did last year. Only I think I can do better at production this time since I have a holster that will actually let me draw the gun and not give myself a turbo-wedgie like I did a couple of times at Deer Creek last winter.