Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adams Arms Ozark 3 Gun National Championship

I can see where inexperienced 3 gunners might get turned off by the extra work. I had expected a little bit more physical match but I was more than content with the workout I got.

Kirk was nice enough to make arrangements for me to get to shoot with 4 brand new shooters and that was certainly interesting to see the looks on their faces... They all did fine and they had a blast. No reason for me to think they won't keep playing.

Same goes for me with the plates, not nearly the issues like at the FN and it is the design of the base that helped. Everyone advised me to make sure I used at least a modified choke (when I finally get this choke out I will let you know what it was. I expect improved cylinder) but I aimed and the plates fell just fine.

I was one of the lucky guys squadded to shoot in 2 days and it worked fine even with the extra weather we got on Saturday morning.

The only thing that makes it palatable about the AirForce guy (retired) beating me is he shot open... makes it easier in my mind anyway.

I am one of the new shooters. We have no complaints with the small steel targets. We are all over 40 with eyes that are not what they used to be. We had no problems finding the targets and enjoyed the challenge. We also work indoors so the mud and the elements are a welcome change. The RO's were courteous, helpful, and never seemed put off by our lack of experience. I must say that it was intimidating showing up to a match like this with no experience but our squad was patient and for that we are grateful. The only thing I would change for next year is more rain, more stages, and more small grey targets. I would also like to see Kirk add a match in the spring at the same place.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has pictures and or video that they wouldn't mind me using on the website, next years fliers, ect, you can email them to me at kirk@forconquest.com

I appreciate all you can send as I didn't get a chance to take as many as I would have liked.

Thank you again

Kirk

See ya at the range

You *did* see my video link, right?

I know they are all stupid long, that is the raw video. When I get time I will edit the everything down to just the shooting...

This is my first post on this site and I appreciate the use of a thread like this. By referencing it for the O3GC, I found Brian's Forums a very useful tool in and of itself.

Many thanks to Kirk, Chad and the O3GC staff for your efforts to put on this shoot at a premier destination location. I have the good fortune to live and work at the Lake of the Ozarks, and for the first time, the shooting came to me: FANTASTIC. For those competitors who did not get to sleep in their own beds for this match, thank you very much for your support of the Lake economy. There are far worse places to go shoot!

Spinning plates, thrown out stages, poker chips be damned, I had a great time shooting with my squad and my 70 year old father. Not only were the RO's professional and helpful, but they were shooters..as evidenced by how many got to the prize table ahead of me!

I was engouraged by some stages and discouraged by others, IN MY ABILITIES, not at the way they were set up. I personally dream of the day I can step away from every stage knowing that I didn't beat myself with mental mistakes or performance flaws. I am committed to make that day come. Until then, I am greatful to the men and women who take time away from their daily lives, their families and their own training to give me the opportunity to step to the line and wait for the buzzer...

Jeff,

Speaking as one that is new to 3-gun myself, (O3GC was my 2nd), I sure had fun shooting with you and your father. You are both class acts. Can't wait to do it again sometime. I too am looking for that match where I walk away knowing it was the best I could do. I think it's a journey... not a destination. At least that's what they tell me.

You were able to sleep in yourt own bed but we got to witness partying Ozark style. I do believe that it was the largest explosion I have heard (having never been in combat). They do know how to party down there.

Can't wait till next year.

Stay safe

Dwight

Jeff,

Speaking as one that is new to 3-gun myself, (O3GC was my 2nd), I sure had fun shooting with you and your father. You are both class acts. Can't wait to do it again sometime. I too am looking for that match where I walk away knowing it was the best I could do. I think it's a journey... not a destination. At least that's what they tell me.

You were able to sleep in yourt own bed but we got to witness partying Ozark style. I do believe that it was the largest explosion I have heard (having never been in combat). They do know how to party down there.

Can't wait till next year.

Stay safe

Dwight

The Lake is a party, no doubt about it. I am glad you and your wife came down and had a good time. I was impressed with how you and your team shot and how you all handled yourselves. I learned a lot watching you guys. I am definitely interested in learning more about your steel challenge. Sounds like a lot of fun.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you been going to the Mike School of Plateracks? :).

I think I should have zeroed the pistol for 20 yds instead of 3 yds. The pistol got even worse on Sunday. Needless to say, I will be checking my sights on Monday. :wacko:

Here are stages 6, 8 , 9 ,10. Great stages, bad shooting videos.

The pistol only stage was a challenge as can be seen by me looking around more than I am shooting. There was a lot of movement on that one. WOW! :surprise:

I am NOT a fan of the 5" spinning plates shot with a pistol as seen in stage 8. That was the 2nd plate of the match that spun sideways on me.

Squad #12009AdamsArms3GunChampionshipSquad1.jpg

That's the bunch......MY FAVORITE SQUAD, squad 1.

Ms. Kitty= Thanks for all your work on stats.

5" Plates= Suck Wait a minute....I'm the one that sucks because I can"t hit them.

My shotgun reloading= Now that sucks!

Jesse's film footage= LOVE IT!

RO's = great bunch

Chad, Kirk & team= put on a great match

Note to self= stay at the match hotel next year

I have no negative feedback in reference to this match. It was a blast and on my list of 2010 must go to.

I 'ld also like to thank all the people that supported "Team Adam Carter".

Adam is in surgery this minute having a brain tumor removed that was found on Sunday. Now, he's fighting brain cancer and lung cancer. I don't think the 5" plates are that big of a deal....do you? PLEASE, PLEASE PRAY FOR ADAM CARTER! I'll update later.

I think I should have zeroed the pistol for 20 yds instead of 3 yds. The pistol got even worse on Sunday. Needless to say, I will be checking my sights on Monday. :wacko:

The pistol only stage was a challenge as can be seen by me looking around more than I am shooting. There was a lot of movement on that one. WOW! :surprise:

I am NOT a fan of the 5" spinning plates shot with a pistol as seen in stage 8. That was the 2nd plate of the match that spun sideways on me.

5" Plates= Suck Wait a minute....I'm the one that sucks because I can"t hit them.

RO's = great bunch

I have no negative feedback in reference to this match. It was a blast and on my list of 2010 must go to.

Adam is in surgery this minute having a brain tumor removed that was found on Sunday. Now, he's fighting brain cancer and lung cancer. I don't think the 5" plates are that big of a deal....do you? PLEASE, PLEASE PRAY FOR ADAM CARTER! I'll update later.

Prayers sent, Joe.

Craig

RO's = great bunch

Prayers sent, Joe.

Craig

In my thoughts and prayers-

Ms. Kitty