Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adams Arms Ozark 3 Gun National Championship

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No buckshot.....Slugs??????....maybe 6, depends on how good you are!!! You might need double ;)

I hope your joking about only needing 6 slugs. Shooting slugs from a shotgun is my favorite.

did someone drop an anvil on your head as a child?

No buckshot.....Slugs??????....maybe 6, depends on how good you are!!! You might need double ;)

I hope your joking about only needing 6 slugs. Shooting slugs from a shotgun is my favorite.

How did you know? Dad is that you? Have I finally found you after 30 years! :surprise:

Actually I grew up in Central, WI where we all had to hunt deer with shotguns and slugs only. I got pretty good at lobbin' lead. For the long stuff I like to run a JPoint on the bottom of my Nordic tube for anything over 250 yards. You kind if have to bend your neck real funny like to use it. :roflol:

Any idea on how late we'll be going on sunday. Need to figure out if I need to book a room that night or if I'll have time to drive home.

Also, is there a round count yet?

Thanks

I'd also like to know what time you plan to start Friday? I am trying to determine if I have to drive all 6 hours Thursday night or if I can drive half Thursday and half Friday morning.

The RO's are shooting on Thursday. They will begin around 7A and hopefully finish early enough to let them rest up before we begin on Fri. Everyone is welcome to come check out the range on Thurs I only ask that you try not to interupt the RO's as after each RO squad has shot they will also be trouble shooting and safety training on each stage. A couple of the long range stages can be used to zero rifles. I will try to put out a target specificly for that. Would you rather have steel or paper to shoot for a 100yd zero?

See ya at the range.

Kirk

Any idea on how late we'll be going on sunday. Need to figure out if I need to book a room that night or if I'll have time to drive home.

Also, is there a round count yet?

Thanks

I am sorry to say that I don't know. Being the first match of this magnitude that we have attemped, I am putting in place every stop gap measure that I can think of to make things run smoothly. But I know Murphy is hiding out there just waiting to ambush me. :goof:

The RO's are shooting on Thursday. They will begin around 7A and hopefully finish early enough to let them rest up before we begin on Fri. Everyone is welcome to come check out the range on Thurs I only ask that you try not to interupt the RO's as after each RO squad has shot they will also be trouble shooting and safety training on each stage. A couple of the long range stages can be used to zero rifles. I will try to put out a target specificly for that. Would you rather have steel or paper to shoot for a 100yd zero?

See ya at the range.

Kirk

Paper or small steel works for me. As long as I know there is a target stand, I can bring my own shoot-n-see targets and that would work just fine.

Thanks Kirk

How did you know? Dad is that you? Have I finally found you after 30 years! :surprise:

Actually I grew up in Central, WI where we all had to hunt deer with shotguns and slugs only. I got pretty good at lobbin' lead. For the long stuff I like to run a JPoint on the bottom of my Nordic tube for anything over 250 yards. You kind if have to bend your neck real funny like to use it. :roflol:

IOWA is also another slug state, honestly I dont know how you guys do it!

I would like to say thanks to DPMS and Brownells for coming on board. Also thanks to Ergo Grip who stepped up to a co-match sponsor. If anyone needs shirts, the cutoff is 10 SEP. Round count will be coming out next week hopefully, as well as e-mail confirmations and RO info.

Just looking over the shooter registration trying to decide a cut-off date and noticed that we have competitors from 18 states.

Thanks again for coming out and supporting the 1st Annual Ozark 3-Gun Championship.

And hats off to the great sponsors who have made this all possible.

IS there a round count posted anywhere yet? I did not see anything in the last 3 pages of this thread.

It will be posted next week. The final stage layouts are happening this weekend. We will have a good round count then.

I wanted to let everyone know that there will probably be no need for carts at this match. Almost all of the stages can be driven to. There may be a bad time with some mud on one of the stages, but this will be the only one a cart might be needed.

I wanted to let everyone know that there will probably be no need for carts at this match. Almost all of the stages can be driven to. There may be a bad time with some mud on one of the stages, but this will be the only one a cart might be needed.

A 4-wheeler could be useful @ this match.