Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installing the new mag release on a single action Tanfo

jkushner1

Is there any easier way to change mag release on single action Tanfoglio's?

Hello Henning and all:

I just ordered the new design mag release button, I have both small and large frame Tanfo’s. Specifically in regard to single action Tanfo’s, is there a way remove the plunger to change the mag release without having to remove the trigger pin and bow ?

Thanks,

Jon

There's only one way to do it. you have to take off parts that are in the way including trigger parts.

watch for springs flying out. I suggest to get a big clear plastic and take it apart there so that the bag catches the springs.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/tech/tech...e.assembly.html

pretty good instructions. yeah the springs can go everywhere so be careful.

leo

Depending on how you have your take-up screw set it may be possible to do this. If your trigger resets far enough forward, you can get inside there with a dental pick or some such and while holding the trigger stirrup up out of contact with the plunger, push the plunger down a little and turn it around 180 degrees so the long side is facing out. Then you can lift it straight out without having to remove the trigger. Be careful to hold your finger over the mag release button when you do this, or the little plunger and spring that is in there is going to shoot across the room. Alternately, put a piece of duct tape on it so you don't forget...or slip.