Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing pin stop problem

CJDOUBLETAP

I have a 6 inch 2011 with 2 uppers ( 1 in 9mm and 1 in 40). The 40 upper works fine. The problem is with the 9mm upper.When the firing pin stop is in, the slide/upper drags on the frame. When I take the firing pin stop out, the slide moves freely moves on the frame with no drag. There is about 10K rounds on the 9mm upper and the problem just started during the last thousand rounds. I looked at the firing pin stop via the magnifying glass and couldn't detect any cracks.

Does anybody know what the problem is or what I should be looking for to diagnose the problem?

Is a firing pin stop a drop-in or a gunsmith fitted part?

Thanks,

Craig

Look at the bottom of the stop. That's the only place it can drag on the frame.

Ya, I thought about that and polished the bottom of the stop with a stone to take off any burrs it might have and it still didn't help.

Thanks for the feedback.

Is it an adjustable sight on the 9mm slide?

I have seen some firing pin stops that protrude up under the sight and if they are cranked down to much make contact with the stop. This could bind things up a bit.

Is it an adjustable sight on the 9mm slide?

I have seen some firing pin stops that protrude up under the sight and if they are cranked down to much make contact with the stop. This could bind things up a bit.

Ding Ding Ding, ah ha. That was defiantly it. Its working like a charm now that I fixed the sight a bit.

Thanks a bunch mpeltier. :cheers: