Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lefty's extended cylinder release question

No.343

I was looking at the Hogue extended cylinder release. I'm a lefty. I'm concerned about that cylinder release hitting my shooting hand during recoil. Can you left handed shooters share your experiences with extended cylinder releases?

Judging from weak hand only... MAYBE.. MAYBE in a nasty scandium framed magnum, but otherwise no way.

Actually I think you have LESS chance of getting hit by it shooting left handed than you would right handed.

Edited by cas

I was looking at the Hogue extended cylinder release. I'm a lefty. I'm concerned about that cylinder release hitting my shooting hand during recoil. Can you left handed shooters share your experiences with extended cylinder releases?

As a lefty, how do you release the cylinder of your revo? I'm a lefty and I use my trigger finger of my left hand to release the cylinder. I just can't seem to find a decent release.

-Cuz.

Depending on how big your hands are, I release mine with the thumb of my strong(left hand). The houge is a lot longer than most releases, and it is farther back on the gun. Not much of a stretch to release with strong hand thumb.

Tom

As a lefty, how do you release the cylinder of your revo? I'm a lefty and I use my trigger finger of my left hand to release the cylinder. I just can't seem to find a decent release.

-Cuz.

Before I started shooting matches I would release the cylinder with my trigger finger. I'm finding that I'm a lot more consistent while trying to speed up by using my thumb. That's why I think the extended release might work for me.

The houge is a lot longer than most releases, and it is farther back on the gun. Not much of a stretch to release with strong hand thumb.

latch.jpg

This looks very interesting. I'm going to have to find someone with one so I can check it out. It could easily save me some time and fumbling over the standard cylinder release.

Thanks.

-Cuz.