Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson Pointman Seven

bball97

Hi all, I stopped in the local shop the other day to talk 1911's and Don told me to check out the Dan Wesson Pointman Seven when they get another one in stock. Anyone out there have one? What are your opinions? Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I stopped in the local shop the other day to talk 1911's and Don told me to check out the Dan Wesson Pointman Seven when they get another one in stock. Anyone out there have one? What are your opinions? Thanks in advance.

I have one and I think it is one of the best values for the money. They sell a quality gun for less than the cost of parts.

Slide to frame fit is very tight for a production gun. The barrel is fit is not perfect, but good enough. The bushing is a bit loose, I replaced mine with an EGW one.

Otherwise, factory trigger breaks nice and is made with quality components.

Hope this helps.

i like mine. use it as my "beater" competition pistol and it hasn't let me down yet. also replaced bushing, lightened up the trigger and changed out some other stuff just to do it. slide is still tight and with the loads i use it is accurate.

I have two older Piontmans - one in 45 ACP and the other with two slides & barrels 9mm & 40 S&W. Great fit and finish, wonderful triggers. reliable and accurate - what more can I say. An excellent value for the dollars spent.

I'm a big Springfield SS fan and own quite a few of them, but last year a buddy of mine bought a PM-7 and we both went to the range and gave it a test drive. As stated above; slide-to-frame fit is very tight for a production gun. I found the gun to be accurate (better than I can shoot anyway), really liked how crisp the trigger was from the factory, and overall feel of the pistol was just fine in my book. It's a great value. I'm not an expert, I just thought I'd share my opinion.

Brian

My DW PM7 is my go to single stack. It's rock solid platform to tweak and build on and to me is one of the best bang for buck 1911's under 1k only rivaled by the STI Trojan.

Here's mine in action...

dw009.jpg

My DW PM7 is my go to single stack. It's rock solid platform to tweak and build on and to me is one of the best bang for buck 1911's under 1k only rivaled by the STI Trojan.

Here's mine in action...

dw009.jpg

That is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiring picture. The local shop said they should have one in this week. Am going to stop by and check it out.

Here's mine in action...

dw009.jpg

Watched the video. Good job! THanks.