Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee Factory Sales?

Has anyone had experience with the Lee Factory Store? I have an open order with them that is now over a month old and they will not return e- mail request or answer their phone. I understand the industry overload but I have been trying to make a change order for a month with no response.

Are they still in business?

Any info is appriciated.

Jim

They advertise that they are near the Lee Factory and get their parts direct. I expected delivery only a short time longer than Lee direct. Since the price was considerably better, there wasn't any hesitation.

I just wish they would acknowledge my order changes or even a note to say they were still awake.

In years past, I have bought a lot of stuff from "lee factory sales" but lately, everything I price is cheaper but shipping is higher. Most times high enough so it costs more from them than straight from lee.

The guy that runs Lee factory sales did call me once on an item that I had ordered 10 of & only got 1. I emailed them twice & called & left messages a couple of times. He called me & eventually got it straightened out. They had charged me for 10, by the way. He called me & left his direct number so that was a point in their favor.

IOW, I buy from them when it makes sense but don't when it is too expensive. They have eventually sent me every thing I ever ordered. Better than some places. Try to be patient.

MLM

I ordered Book with a free press last year and it took about 8 weeks and no they don't communicate but I did finally get it and it was like a suprise since I had forgotten about it.

I have not ordered anthing else from them, I get Lee stuff from MidwayUsa (good company) or Grafs.com also a good company.

I had to wait 4 months for Hornady 40 Cal Dies this year, that is how far behind these places are with products! I use to order primers on Monday get them on Wednesday and shoot them on Saturday order them now shoot them next year maybe.

Yea, I bought a bunch of stuff from them, it all arrived but took a long time. I think they save money by being extremely low overhead. I'm guessing they wait until they have a bunch of orders, then go over to the Lee Factory for a mass-purchase.

I've always gotten my order from them, exactly as ordered, no issues. However, they take a long time and aren't much on communicaitons.

I placed an order with them last January, and received part of it in early March, with no communication. I wrote several email, and received a reply that they were just out of stock. I finally had to cancel the order in April, after being alerted by Midway that they had received the items from Lee. They had charged my credit card at purchase, but they did issue a credit for the cancelled order. I will never, never do business with them again. Very poorly run, no regard for keeping customers informed. Their claim that they are just down the road from the factory leads one to believe that conveys some kind of advantage for receiving from Lee. That is obviously not the case. I would hope that their reputation drives them out of business soon, so others are not caught in their false advertising trap. :angry2:

• 2 weeks later...

The Lee factory store has finally set up an order contact phone number. Although it took several attempts, they were able to confirm my order was in place and provided an estimated ship date. Nothing has , or will ship for some time but al least I know they have the correct order and working on it.

These are the time we live in.....