Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Military and Law Enforcement Competitors?

bbbean

On the USPSA major match results, I see columns to identify Mil and LE competitors, and I know we have Mil and LE Competitors, but I don't see that indicated in the results. Do matches still recognize high LEO or high Mil?

On the USPSA major match results, I see columns to identify Mil and LE competitors, and I know we have Mil and LE Competitors, but I don't see that indicated in the results. Do matches still recognize high LEO or high Mil?

They gave a trophy for high MIL at AL state.

--Lanzo

Did a High MIL at Area 2 last year.

Rich

At the SC Section Championship, we award High Law Enforcement & High Military for each division that meets the minimum number of shooters in those categories (just like awards for every other category: High Senior, Junior, Super Senior, or Lady). We do not give awards if there are only one or two shooters in a specific category in the division. Last year (2008) that was 5 separate awards:

Limited High Military

Open High Law Enforcement Officer

Limited High Law Enforcement Officer

Production High Law Enforcement Officer

Limited-10 High Law Enforcement Officer

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 SC State Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me many big matches recognize high LE and Military, yet folks aren't listed as such until the very end. This was not the case at last years nationals though. It was kind of fun looking at all of the fellow LEO's inside the dry building at Tulsa last year (as it was raining outside). Never knew many top shooters were LEO's. Guess some of us can shoot straight.

If I am a Military member do I have to use Military equipment to compete??

I have never understood how this works.

No, typically on the entry form there is an area to check which category you fall into, that's it.

At AL State I recogniazed all categories within divsions with at least 3 competiors for cash & plaque distribution.

Edited by DrawandDuck

It seems to me many big matches recognize high LE and Military, yet folks aren't listed as such until the very end. This was not the case at last years nationals though. It was kind of fun looking at all of the fellow LEO's inside the dry building at Tulsa last year (as it was raining outside). Never knew many top shooters were LEO's. Guess some of us can shoot straight.

It was kind of funny though how much of a mess they made with the LEO plaques at Nationals last year. They ended up giving me the High LEO plaque in Production when the National Champion is a cop. They said the top 16 weren't eligible for Category awards, then gave Ted Puente his 4 days later. I gave the plaque to Bob.

It was kind of funny though how much of a mess they made with the LEO plaques at Nationals last year. They ended up giving me the High LEO plaque in Production when the National Champion is a cop. They said the top 16 weren't eligible for Category awards, then gave Ted Puente his 4 days later. I gave the plaque to Bob.

You may already know this Chuck but they actually tried to give the plaque to someone else before you. They told him he was high LE before the awards were handed out. I was there and he turned it down and said it was your's because you beat him in the match.

Edited by jasmap

Yeah, the system is a little flawed in my opinion. USPSA rules say that if you were the top LEO for example and perhaps the top in your specialty catagory (woman for example) or regular shooting class (M for example), you would only get the one trophy and not the other. Even though you are still the top on both catagories, you'd only get the one trophy.

A few years ago, I won 2nd overall in limited division at the MN sectional, and top "B" class shooter. I took home the highest of the 2 "honors" by taking home the 2nd place overall plaque.

It is what it is....