Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm and Clays

ghawk249

I am just starting to load some 9mm loads for my wife and her XD subcompact. These are practice rounds only. I have some clays left over I thought I would try. I also have some WST. Does anyone have any experience with either of these powders. I will be loading a Bear creek 125gr bullet.

3.2 grains of CLAYS with 125 RNL (from Laser Cast Manual) is my one of my favorite SC loads. When shot from my small frame EAA , it was also one of the most accurate.

What OAL do you use form that load?

1.130" OAL. I used to have a Colt 1911 in 9mm that I used 38Super Mags with. For that gun I loaded all the way out just in front of the Grease groove. It gave better accuracy loaded long.

But, 1.130" with 3.2 grains of Clays worked really well in my EAA. Very soft shooting.

I shoot 115gr Montana Gold Bullets, 3.9gr Universal Clays and love the soft recoil I am getting with a 130+PF. Start out at 3.5gr and see how it goes. Good luck :cheers:

That seems like an awfully light load. You're really getting 1130+ FPS from 3.9gr Universal Clays? Those Montana Gold are FMJ, right?

I shoot 115gr Montana Gold Bullets, 3.9gr Universal Clays and love the soft recoil I am getting with a 130+PF. Start out at 3.5gr and see how it goes. Good luck :cheers:

That seems like an awfully light load. You're really getting 1130+ FPS from 3.9gr Universal Clays? Those Montana Gold are FMJ, right?

Yes, I will admit I am closer to 4.0 than 3.9 but they both make PF. really soft feeling load.