Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Very Strange CZ 75 Trigger Malfunction

entropic

So, I picked up a brand new CZ 75 shadow from Angus and the trigger is malfunctioning. When shooting in single action, the hammer starts to fall when the trigger is pulled, but then it catches back into double-action mode and then I have to pull the trigger again for the hammer to finally fall. It only happens sometimes. There's no real question in my post, but I just thought I'd share my experience. CZ-custom, where I bought it from, told me to send it to the factory to get it fixed. Does this seem right to you guys, less than a month old and the place I bought it from offers no warranty?

curious that they didn't take it back..who did you talk with..

the Shadow is a factory gun..so maybe if they don't do any under the hood work, all warranty work goes back to the main shop..which is CZ-USA.

its a pretty easy fix if you know how to get into your gun.

basically what is happening is the timing is slightly off..the DA connector is hitting and catching on the trigger bar.

if you get it apart..see the L-shaped part connected to the hammer. see the two wings on the part..the underside and the front face form a right angle which is catching the trigger bar when release from single action.

cut a light bevel on the wings so that the part will slip over the trigger bar when trip from single action.

Edited by eerw

It is the stock version, not the custom. I talked with Rob, who it the guy that sold it to me.

I don't mind taking things apart, but it doesn't look like the parts are as easy to remove as in a glock. I'm not sure I want to mess with it. I wonder if shooting it more will wear down the part that is catching.

it might..if its only doing it part of the time and not consistently it may just wear in..

otherwise it is probably only a couple swipes of a stone.

post-627-1241820599_thumb.jpg

post-627-1241820607_thumb.jpg

post-627-1241820614_thumb.jpg

these are probably done more than you will even need.

Edited by eerw

It is the stock version, not the custom. I talked with Rob, who it the guy that sold it to me.

We communicated via email on this subject. I advised you to ship the gun back to us (CZ Custom) or CZ USA your choice the gun would be return if the repair was a warranty issue at no charge. The warranty provided on the guns is for a period of 5 years. I'm not sure how you got the impression we wouldn't stand behind the product.

Feel free to contact me @ 480-969-1311

FYI

Factory guns are just that, we have not touched them, not even opened the box. (Except to get the serial number)

If CZ UB (The Czech's) decided they were ready to shoot and ship then to us we have to accept that.

CZ USA normally does the warranty work, but we are also authorized for warranty work.

Normally we handle local warranty that requires no shipping.

We'll thanks for everyone's help. I didn't expect to hear from Angus and Rob when I posted here, but not all that surprising on B.E.com. I know it's a factory gun and that you guys don't touch it, it's just unfortunate that I'd have to miss a big chunk of the season waiting for such a small problem to be fixed. I'll probably just blast 1000 rounds of mouse fart ammo through it one day and see if it goes away. Thanks guys,

Dave