Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doesn't even smell like a mouse fart load.

mikeone

We'll I was just reading some of my loading manuals yesterday when I stumbled upon this funny loading in my lee manual.

8.8gr IMR4227 under either a 115 or 124gr bullet at 1.100 and 1.135 for a stated 820fps(115) and 790fps(124) 13,000 CUP

we'll a 38 special load for my ninexnineteen. I HAD TO TRY IT.

threw some 124 plated bullets on it and loaded 50 rnds.

Out of this world soft :surprise: and it cycled my 9mm Trojan and Glock 34 and Sig 226 ,stock springs and all :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

very rapid double taps worked well too. How weird 13,000 psi and it functions.

I just thought Id throw this out there for any who are interested in weird stuff like this.

What a great load for practicing the basics, especially sight picture, grip and trigger control.

It was wild watching the slide move. :huh:

Here ya go Mike

4227 is a unusual rifle powder. Burns much slower than most pistol powders but still gives complete burn. I use it in 32/40 rifles pushing a 200 gr lead bullet 1450 fps. Not a single unburned grain left.

Most of the small rifle powders will leave lots of residue in the bore. Not 4227. it along with 2400 was one of the first powders used for Magnum Pistols. Slow burn allowed heavy charges while keeping preassure down.

Boats

I shot it in a local steel match, and it crazy sluggish in my STI, I just couldn't shoot well with it. I switched back to my 147gr load and started dropping plates again.

It is silly soft, This is a great load for Kids or new shooters. Light recoil spring is a must for consistant reliability.

Carlos, that 147 load is light, but this is 98pf of pure lazyness.

Next up is to put some rounds through my buddys suppressor, subsonic 124s should be kinda cool. :P

Mike