Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's that?

Jeff686

Here's some pictures I took today of my Gold Team. I also have some slo-mo videos I'll try to post. There's a big hunk of junk coming out of my comp on this photo series. There is 1/40th of a second between each photo. This is the only time I've seen it, other photos and slo-mo video don't have it. Sorry there's no dot on the gun, it's in the shop at Aimpoint (in anticipation of going to the Nationals).

You can see something come out of the comp starting on the 3th photo.

3478252094_529f8ea166_b.jpg

3478252550_4d3d5c88bd_b.jpg

3478253052_59a76774ee_b.jpg

3478253496_cda21fb1fe_b.jpg

3478253928_5fec5ba909_b.jpg

I did just clean the gun and try to scrape the crud out of the comp. I've never shot lead, but there has always been a bit of crud in the comp since I got the gun. I didn't buy it new.

Maybe a big piece came loose while shooting.

I there anything I can add to my load to make smoke? I'd like to take some pics and see the muzzle blast. I know, wait until dark, but I'd like to see some daytime smoke/comp blast too.

Not sure, a piece of jacket come off and shoot out through the ocmp? Take your barrel out and check the barrel porting to see if the porting are drilled clean or if there may be something cutting the jacket off the bullets? What's your accuracy like if you shoot a group at 25yds? And what kind of bullets are you shooting?

Accuracy is fine. I hit what I aim at. Can't quote you a group size. I'm shooting Montana Gold bullets. 121 IFP.

I've got a bunch of other pics, without anything that looks like this one.

Have someone hold a cardboard box over your pistol when you shot it .That should trap the material and you can then deside what it is..It will stick in the cardboard or fall back to the ground so maybe a old sheet on the ground too