Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets see your limited guns!

Timmy77

On this gun I opted for the simple approach. One large cut in the top of the slide, standard profile cuts in front, shortened the dust-cover to a standard length frame, and off to hard chrome it went.

100_6054.jpg

100_5994.jpg

On this gun I let Matt (Cheely) go all out, and pretty much asked him to make a copy of his personal gun at the time. Everybody knows that Matt does exceptional work. It turned out beautify, I might add. :wub: I love the contrast between the lines & circles on the top of the slide.

L5c.jpg

Keen1.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

Here is mine:

post-677-1240790424_thumb.jpg

STI standard frame, sight tracker slide and barrel built by Matt Cheely. I think I prefer this to my 6 inch gun.

What is the advantage to that type of barrel? What type is it? I have noticed that some people run this type of barrel. I have seen some this way with holes, some without, just curious. THanks

Jimmy

This gun is like shooting a gun with a really light slide and bull barrel. I find that I can track the front sight way better than with my old edge. I don't know if there is any advantage or not, but it looks really cool and runs great.

Me Too, any thoughts on whether to buy a used gun or have a new top end put on an unused open gun. Either way I want an SV bottom.

Is there a disadvantage to having the screw holes on the old frame with a new limited top?