Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 MS 3gun challenge

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we'll be some of the lonely 6. Look forward to seeing you and big daddy this weekend for 3gun.

Roger that!!!

You go girl!

:cheers:

When will we get to shoot together again? Are you going to Georgia State pistol this year?

Hopalong and Gang,

Thanks for the post on the Ozark 3-Gun Championship forum. We have both done exceptional for a first year. We will work out the schedule for next year and you can add my team to your shooting roster. Good luck with the match, I hope the rain stops and it's sunny in both places. Safe shoot and shoot fast.

Kirk

See ya at the range.

A little info for you.

Friday: 0900 (9:00AM) Staff and shoot throughs to shoot. ALL DAY. You may come watch, look at stages ect. Please don't get in the way of the people shooting, they will use you as practice targets !!!! :devil:

Friday 1900 (7:00 pm) registration at the match hotel. any one wanting to register at the range may do so, Linda will be ready for you.

Saturday: 0800 (8:00AM) First shot, brief shooters meeting prior please attend. Lunch will be cooked at the range by the Club Juniors (Traditional hamburgers, Hotdogs ect.) If you don't like that kind of chow, plan accordingly.

Sunday: 0800 (8:00am) First shot, NO shooters meeting GO to your stage. 1100/1200 Scores posted, awards/prize table, go home. :cheers:

Signs (Targets) will be posted on the Highway Friday and Saturday to help you find your way to the RANGE !!!

Next order of business, can someone turn off the rain ???? :angry2:

HOP

Oh, and Thanks Kirk ! :cheers:

Edited by hopalong

A little info for you.

Friday: 0900 (9:00AM) Staff and shoot throughs to shoot. ALL DAY. You may come watch, look at stages ect. Please don't get in the way of the people shooting, they will use you as practice targets !!!! :devil:

Friday 1900 (7:00 pm) registration at the match hotel. any one wanting to register at the range may do so, Linda will be ready for you.

Saturday: 0800 (8:00AM) First shot, brief shooters meeting prior please attend. Lunch will be cooked at the range by the Club Juniors (Traditional hamburgers, Hotdogs ect.) If you don't like that kind of chow, plan accordingly.

Sunday: 0800 (8:00am) First shot, NO shooters meeting GO to your stage. 1100/1200 Scores posted, awards/prize table, go home. :cheers:

Signs (Targets) will be posted on the Highway Friday and Saturday to help you find your way to the RANGE !!!

Next order of business, can someone turn off the rain ???? :angry2:

HOP

Oh, and Thanks Kirk ! :cheers:

Don't sweat the rain, embrace it. It adds a dimension of challenge to the match that no match director can add or control. It gives competitors a chance to perform in conditions that most (me too) won't practice in. Its also a good chance to see if equipment choices need to be tweaked.

Some of the most interesting matches I've shot have been muddy, this year at Larue, it was a foot deep in places, a few years back at Manchester, Alan had a prone rifle stage in snow slush/mud. Rainy or not, I'm looking forward to it.

Hey it really could be a warm up for Ft. Benning, we've been lucky 4 years in a row, who knows if it'll hold, eh?

But Mike,

I've still things to do to get the range ready for you guys !!!! <_<

Shooting the match in the rain is another thing. It will hamper ya'll (I'll be dry hopefully) :devil:

You shot well last weekend. Charles kicked ARSE !!! (Gonna have to slow that boy down somehow) :roflol:

Hop

Mike,

You dont forget nothing. Those were the days :cheers:

Not going to be able to bring the big bore hair comber. Maybe next year.

I shot in the rain today..... so... bring it. TN boy aint skeerd of no rain. :roflol: Guns rusting as I write this. Is it next weekend yet?

Looking forward to lots of fun.

Alan

Got the most complicated (set up wise) stage done yesterday, 4 down 4 to go. should get 2 min done today, and the other 2 during the week.

IF we get a day away from the rain before Friday the range will be in tip top shape :wacko:

Remember our sponsors, and please thank the match STAFF (Especially Linda Chico) :cheers:

Hop

Got the most complicated (set up wise) stage done yesterday, 4 down 4 to go. should get 2 min done today, and the other 2 during the week.

IF we get a day away from the rain before Friday the range will be in tip top shape :wacko:

Remember our sponsors, and please thank the match STAFF (Especially Linda Chico) :cheers:

Hop

Thank you for all your work on this. Think we might see some stages soon? Hmmmm??? I'll bring you some brownies if you send them to me. :rolleyes:

EVIL match director reply :

You can see the stages Friday when you drive up !!!! :devil:

We only have one thing no one has seen (or maybe one or two) other than that, NO suprises, NOthing Special (But what a ONE thing) (and I really doubt any one else has seen it either) :devil::devil:

Cheryl, Although your famous brownies might be crytonite to most....................................They won't work on me !!! B)

See ya'll next weekend, everyone drive carefully and watch out for the other guy.

Hop

But Mike,

I've still things to do to get the range ready for you guys !!!! <_<

Shooting the match in the rain is another thing. It will hamper ya'll (I'll be dry hopefully) :devil:

You shot well last weekend. Charles kicked ARSE !!! (Gonna have to slow that boy down somehow) :roflol:

Hop

Thanks Sam for the info. The Charles said there is no need to slow him down, just acquire the proper footwear and you'll be able to go fast too.

It was a pleasure to shoot with y'all, it was like going across a hollow, instead of a state. I'll echo the earlier sentiments and thank you and your crew for hosting this event. I'm really looking forward to a great weekend of 3-gun.

It's OFFICIAL

We had 8+ inches of rain since Thursday !!!! :surprise::(

Stage building is a little behind because of it, but I predict a very well built, quality match everyone will enjoy !!! :cheers:

A few last suprising sponsors, THANKS to all who have stepped up. maybe Cjl32 will chime in with a complete sponors list.

See some of you Friday, and all the rest of you Saturday.

HOP

3-gun carts welcome and recomended (we have a small hill or two) With all the rain we ask you to avoid bringing any motorized carts (gators, golf cart ect.)

I hope you understand.

Slings for rifle...........not needed, but you can use'm if you got'm

Polish platerack made it to it's new home today, I think ya'll will HATE it !!! :devil::devil::devil:

HOP

8" since Thursday? We got 16" since 9pm last night here in Douglasville,GA. They are calling this FLOOD 2009. It has reached 100 year flood status. We are currently in a state of emergency. As of now.....I just hope I can still make it. We have no water and power is intermittent. My house is actually OK,but my neighbors and friends are in pretty bad shape. Every bridge and water crossing has roads shut down. Can't hardly navigate because everything is gridlocked. So far there have been 7 deaths associated with the flooding.

Hope I can make it to shoot with you guys.

What are the range conditions like?

Does the range drain well?

Are their bays or 'in the woods' field courses?

This will be our first time at the range and, with all the rain we have been having south of Corinth, I just want to make sure we can still get to the range the range in a car.

Hey...you laugh, but here in LA there are PLENTY of ranges that cant be driven to unless you are in a 4x4 after it rains!

Edited by cripple

Ben, PM inbound.

OK, just a little over another inch of rain today. :cheers:

I worked at my real job until after dark, now am attempting to assemble match booklets. Hope to get to the range tomorrow for a good while (actually will be off all day and Thursday too !!!)

MAYBE we'll get some progress.

HOP