Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taken out by a Blackberry

JThompson

So I'm driving on a two lane highway yesterday when I notice a little yellow job drifting a little and take notice. The shoulder is a foot wide on this road, so I'm watching... she drifts more and I let off the gas and flash my brights (lights already on it's raining) I flash again and start to drift myself. She drifts more and I start to think I'm going in the ditch cause head-ons suck. I'm half a car in the ditch and I see her dead pop-up blackberry flying blue eyes wide... she jerks the wheel back and we miss by no more that a foot. Her car was fully halfway in my lane and I was halfway in the ditch. Talk about turning up your vision... that girl had black nail polish, red hair, nose stud and was chewing what looked like Bubblicious... I saw it all in less then 2 seconds while taking evasive action...

Put the Godamn phones down when you are driving... if you must use them, talk don't fkn text!

JT

PS Anyone see the movie 7lbs? Take note.

Edited by JThompson

Wow...your lucky! Glad your OK.

From riding my HD for years now, I have become an expert at spotting texters and drunk drivers. Get on a bike and it is like a magnet for these idiots.

Tends to take the fun away from it all.

I could have swore I put this in the "What I hate" forum.... hmmmmm

LOL.....in the What I Like......you must like life on the edge(of the road)......:-) . I'm glad your OK.

And like Bigpops mentioned about life on a bike - two wheels and the cell phone/texter crowd is way exciting.

Yikes :surprise:

Most states have a distracted driver law that isn't phone/pda/etc specific, but it never gets used unless something really bad happens. Glad you're okay! I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up next to kids (usually girls, but not always) and hit them with the air horn and/or siren because they're texting and drifting all over the road. :angry2:

Yikes :surprise:

Most states have a distracted driver law that isn't phone/pda/etc specific, but it never gets used unless something really bad happens. Glad you're okay! I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up next to kids (usually girls, but not always) and hit them with the air horn and/or siren because they're texting and drifting all over the road. :angry2:

Happened to me a couple of months ago, too. I'm on the tollway and going 65 mi./hr(+/-) and I was about to pass this car on the slow lane when I noticed it was gradually swerving to the right.

I eased the gas and gave it a honk. You can she she was 'startled', and went back to her lane. I again attempted to pass and was successful this time. Upon passing her side, she was still 'texting away'. :angry2: , as if nothing ever happened. Chalk it up to Karma.

E

That shit happens so fast you don't get scared until it's already over..... First I was pissed and then I thought, wow that could have been bad. We were both doing about 50mph. I really didn't know if she was going to clear me or not. I had visions of her clipping my left rear and spinning down the highway. I hate passing more laws than we have, but it's obvious some people can't walk and chew gum let alone, drive and text. Hell, I tried it once or twice and decided it couldn't be done safely and I consider myself a multi task kind of guy.

Wow glad you didnt get smeared all over the highway. I hate driving in high traffic areas because escape routes are hard to find. I am alwasy seeing people (young usually) talking or texting while driving and doing a piss poor job at driving. I hate cell phones, anyone needing to call me can wait till I get home.