Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan trigger job

z06pilot

SV hammer and sear gave me a crisp break with no 'smithing. Just tweaked the sear spring per the Jack Weigand 2lb trigger job guide that's been floating around the net for years, and got it to about 2.5lbs. I did need to fit a new thumb safety though.

SV titanium sear springs aren't worth the metal they're stamped from though, avoid at all costs. Get a Wolff.

Edited by MoNsTeR

I put a 17lbs ISMI mainspring in mine, and it's 2.5#, my buddy put a 15lbs ISMI in his and he's just under 2#. both completely stock guns. I fiddled with the leaf spring and z 15lbs spring and dropped it down to 1.75# with no problems. The stock parts are fine in those guns, don't waste any money

I put a 17lbs ISMI mainspring in mine, and it's 2.5#, my buddy put a 15lbs ISMI in his and he's just under 2#. both completely stock guns. I fiddled with the leaf spring and z 15lbs spring and dropped it down to 1.75# with no problems. The stock parts are fine in those guns, don't waste any money

What are you using to weigh the trigger pull with?

• 3 months later...
I would like a 2lb trigger pull for my STI Trojan, any recomendations for a smith? I live in south eastern Wisconsin, and would preffer a local smith to avoid shipping charges, but will ship it out if need be.

I have on both my Edge .40S&W a 1.2lb trigger pound. And the guns have 50.000 and 87.000 rounds.

A fine trigger job done by myself on trigger & sear, all original parts just I have changed the original mainspring with a 15 lbs ISMI and the sear spring with S_I titanium spring on one and a Clarks 4 leaf spring on the other.

Unfortunatelly im too far to help you.... but it needs only a fine trigger job done by expert hands!

I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, but I am constantly baffled when I talk to top gunsmiths and they say they can't get 2lb or lower triggers with stock parts and then see folks here claiming triggers in the 1-2lb range with stock parts. I've asked a number of these folks what they're using to measure the pull weight and haven't heard a response back (multiple threads) yet. As I said earlier I thought my Trojan (EGW sear, Koenig hammer, EGW sear spring, C&S disconnector, SV trigger) came back with a 2lb or slightly under pull, but on my Lyman digital gauge it was really right around 2.5lbs. It actually feels lighter than the trigger job I did on my Edge, which actually breaks at a slightly lower weight....methinks some folks are guesstimating :o

Edited by G-ManBart